- Mainframe is the heart of a network of computer. It is used by large organizations; it allows hundreds of people to work at the same time on the same time. The latest one can support over 25000 users and it spread over 26 miles using fiber optics.
- The biggest number we can get with 8 bits is 255.
- Vinod Dham (born 1950 in Pune, Maharashtra, India) is an Indian inventor called as the "Father of Pentium" for his role in the development of the Pentium processor.
- Toggle Key is a key used to switch two functions. ‘ON or OFF’. Caps lock key, Number lock Key and Scroll lock key are the examples of Toggle Keys.
- ZIF Socket (Zero Insertion Force Socket) – a special socket for plugging in integrated circuits easily. The socket can be opened with a small lever or screw, the chip is dropped in, then the socket is closed.
- Full Form of ENIAC is Electronic Numerical Integrator and Calculator.
- Function Keys is an alphanumeric key (F1 - F12) to do a particular function. For Example F7 Key is used to choose the spelling command.
- Removing and replacing devices without turning off your computer is referred as Plug-n-Play.
- Personal Area Network is another name of Bluetooth. Bluetooth is named after the 10th century king of Denmark ‘Harald Bluetooth’. Bluetooth uses Radio Frequency.
- FDDI (Fiber Distributed Data Interface) is a standard for data transmission on fiber optic lines in local area network that can be extended in the range up to 200Km.
- Process of startup a computer is called Booting. Cold Booting checked the memory and peripheral devices before loading OS. It restarts the computer after having turned off the power. In Warm Booting it directly loads OS. It restarts the computer when computer is already on.
- Video Processors consists of VGA and memory, which store and process images.
- I Message is a free service from Apple that enables users of iOS powered devices to send text messages over Wi-Fi from mobile devices like the iPhone and IPod touch.
- CTRL+SHIFT+F3 are used to insert the contents of the spike.
- In word processor automatically moving the insertion point to a new line when the text approaches the right margin is known as Word Wrap.
Test Your Memory Take Quiz
______ is the heart of a network of computer which is used by large organizations.
c. Domain Suffix
Who among the following Indian inventors called as the "Father of Pentium" for his role in the development of the Pentium processor?
a. Vinod Dham
b. Santosh Kamble
c. Prateek Sahaye
d. Sandeep Singh
Toggle key is used to
a. to change the appearance
b. encrypt the file
d. switch two function
ZIF Socket stands for
a. Zero Investigation Free Socket
b. Zero Insertion Free Socket
c. Zero Inwrap Free Socket
d. Zero Ionised Free Socket
C in ENIAC stands for
Personal Area Network is another name of
a. Tethered Network
b. Local Area Network
c. Bluetooth Network
d. Virtual Network
The biggest number we can get with 8 bits is
In word processor automatically moving the insertion point to a new line when the text approaches the right margin is known as
a. word sprint
b. word jump
c. word corss
d. word wrap
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here