- UNIVAC (Universal Automatic Computers) was the first commercial electronic computer developed by Sperry Rand Corporation of U.S.A.
- Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) is a computer language used to create web pages as well as hypertext documents for the World Wide Web.
- During Cold Boot, the memory and the peripheral devices are checked before loading the operating system while warm boot directly loads the operating system. Warm boot is preferred when computer hangs or a software stop running in order to escape from the problem.
- Hibernation is a feature of operating system where the contents of RAM are saved in non-volatile storage such as hard disk and then the computer shuts down. But the advantage of this feature is that when you restart your computer the previously saved state is automatically loaded into the RAM.
- ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange and it uses 7 bit code to represent each symbol and character.
- Serial Port is a type of port that transmits only one bit at a time. It is used to connect hard disk, CD-ROM etc.
- Alt, Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard are called Modifier keys as they are used in combination with other keys to perform a specific action. For e.g. Ctrl + C is used to copy a document, file, image etc.
- Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL) is a high level programming language developed by Grace Hopper. It is primarily used for business, finance and administrative work.
- Spam is an unsolicited junk email that was not requested by a user but was sent to that user and many others to promote some product or service and sometimes with malicious content. The source and identity of the sender is anonymous and there is no option to cease receiving future emails.
- Cache memory is a small-sized type of volatile computer memory located between the CPU and main memory that provides high-speed data access to a processor and stores frequently used computer programs, applications and data.
- Private cloud means that a cloud infrastructure (network) is entirely used by one customer/organization. It is not shared with others. The security and control level is highest while using a private network.
- Debugging refers to finding and correcting the mistakes and errors, caused by faulty logic or coding, that prevent the program from running and producing correct output.
- The printed form of output is known as Hard copy while the form of output displayed on the screen is called Soft copy.
- The number of pixels displayed on a screen is known as Resolution.
- Compiler and Interpreter perform the same task of converting high level language into machine language but the difference is that the interpreter takes one statement, translates it, executes it and then takes another statement. While the compiler translates the entire program in one go and then executes it. Compiler generates the error report after the translation of the entire page while an interpreter will stop the translation after it gets the first error.
Test Your Memory
UNIVAC stands for
a. Unified Automated Computers
b. Universal Automatic Computers
c. Universal Accepted Computers
d. United Automated Computers
Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) is a computer language used to create
b. computer sofware
c. bar graphs
d. web pages
During Cold Boot, the memory and the peripheral devices are checked
a. after loading
b. before loading
c. between loading
d. None of these
________ is a feature of operating system where the contents of RAM are saved in non-volatile storage such as hard disk and then the computer shuts down.
a. Power off
d. Power on
a. Power off
d. Power on
ASCII uses____ code to represent each symbol and character.
a. 7 bit
b. 6 bit
c. 8 bit
d. 9 bit
________ is a type of port that transmits only one bit at a time.
a. Ethernet Port
b. Firewire Port
c. VGA Port
d. Serial Port
Alt, Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard are called
a. Command Keys
b. Modifier Keys
c. Special Keys
d. Functional Keys
What does C stand for in COBOL?
Cache memory is a small-sized type of volatile computer memory located between main memory and
a. hard disc
Compiler and Interpreter perform the task of converting
a. JPG files into PNG Files
b. primary memory into secondary memory
c. MP4 format into MP3
d. High level language into machine language
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here