INTRODUCTION:The Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) has been launched by Chief Minister of Assam; Mr. Sarbananda Sonowal in a function held at Sri Madhavdev International Auditorium of Srimantha Sankardev Kalakshetra in Guwahati on 05-Feb-2017.It’s main objective is to develop all the villages in Assam in the next five years.
Aim of the SchemeThe Chief Minister Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) scheme’s main aim is to bring a revolutionary change by doubling the farm income by 2022 in the state of Assam to mark the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence which will happen in 2021-22.
The total financial outlay of scheme is Rs. 30,000 Crore. The scheme will be implemented in phased routine in the villages of Assam till the year 2021-22.
About Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana:-
- As per the state Assessment survey i.e., survey period from 2002-03 to 2012-13, the farm income in the state of Assam was recorded merely 0.88% as against National Average of 5.2%.
- The scheme will be implemented through a ‘Saturation Model’. This will be covering each revenue village through focused interventions in direct economic activities, logistic support including market linkages & community support.
- The scheme will put rigorous efforts to stimulate the productivity of the rural areas by enabling enormous investments for complete rural transformation in a span of five years.
- In this Scheme, five teams will be created in each block to work as a catalyst to implement various missions of the programme. These five teams will prepare development plans, which are going to be implemented in each village.
- Under the scheme, a ‘Village Knowledge Centre’ will be set up in every village. This will help to bring cooperation b/w the scheme & Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employee Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) & playground will be built in each village.
- Overall requirement for the mission is Rs. 30,000 Crore for a period of 5 years. For this year, an amount of Rs.500 Crore was provided in 2016-17 year’s budget & this sum has been handed over to Sarbananda Sonowal, the chairman of Mega Mission society, constituted for the implementation of the project by state’s finance minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here