MINER & MINOR
MINERMeaning: A person who works in a mine.
Example: He worked as a miner for 27 years.
MINORMeaning: Lesser in importance, seriousness, or significance.
Example: She requested a number of minor alterations.
MALL & MAUL
MALLMeaning: A large enclosed shopping area.
Example: This photo shows the mall that is connected to the hotel.
MAULMeaning: (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing.
Example: Two dogs mauled a young girl today.
PATIENCE & PATIENTS
PATIENCEMeaning: The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.
Example: He has run out of patience with her.
PATIENTSMeaning: Persons receiving or registered to receive medical treatment.
Example: Many patients in the hospital were waiting for the doctor.
PAUSE & PAWS
PAUSEMeaning: Stop action or speech for a short time.
Example: She paused, at a loss for words.
PAWSMeaning: An animal's foot having claws and pads.
Example: Poachers sell bear paws.
RAYS & RAISE
RAYSMeaning: Waves or beams from the sun or any luminous body, or pass through a small opening.
Example: The sun is out now, and the floors are lit by the rays streaming through the window.
RAISEMeaning: Lift or move to a higher position or level.
Example: Flag was raised over the city.
SITE & SIGHT
SITEMeaning: An area of ground on which a town, building, or monument is constructed.
Example: The concrete is mixed on site.
SIGHTMeaning: The power of seeing.
Example: Joseph lost his sight as a baby.
STAIR & STARE
STAIRMeaning: A set of steps leading from one floor of a building to another.
Example: He came up the stairs.
STAREMeaning: Look at someone or something with one's eyes wide open.
Example: He stared at her in amazement.
SAIL & SALE
SAILMeaning: A journey by sailing ship.
Example: They went for a sail.
SALEMeaning: The exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.
Example: The sale has fallen through.
SENSOR & CENSOR
SENSORMeaning: A device which detects or measures a physical property.
Example: The engineers used electronic sensors to monitor each wheel.
CENSORMeaning: An official who examines books, films, news, etc.
Example: The report was approved by the military censors.
WHICH & WITCH
WHICHMeaning: Asking for information specifying one or more people or things from a definite set.
Example: Which of his or her qualities do you see in yourself?
WITCHMeaning: A woman thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones.
Example: Halloween is the night for witches and broomsticks.
Test Your Memory1. Five ……were killed in mine accidents. (Minor/miner)
2. A patient has developed ……depression. (Minor/miner)
3. We went to a little restaurant in the……. (Mall/maul)
4. A man was ……by a lion at Zoo. (Mall/maul)
5. I was beginning to lose the little ……that I had left. (Patience/patients)
6. The treatment is useful for ……with diabetes. (Patience/patients)
7. Her dark blue eyes made him ……a second longer. (Paw/pause)
8. The animal left a large ……print in mud near houses. (Paw/pause)
9. A ……of sunlight came through the window. (Ray/raise)
10. She ……both arms above her head. (Ray/raise)
11. This is the proposed ……of a hydroelectric dam. (Sight/site)
12. His senses of smell, ……, and hearing are well developed. (Sight/site)
13. I took the ……down to the ground floor of the building. (Stare/stair)
14. I tended to sit and ……into space. (Stare/stair)
15. They are ……to San Francisco. (Sail/sale)
16. Money from each book ……will go to the Trust. (Sail/sale)
17. The lights are controlled by …… that measure sunlight. (Sensor/censor)
18. The movie has been given an adults-only rating by film……. (Sensor/censor)
19. ……way is the wind blowing? (Which/witch)
20. The mysterious world of……, wizards and warlocks is capturing their imaginations. (Which/witch)
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here