- Freecharge is one of the famous digital payment systems in India, mostly targeting the youth in all their promotions.
- Equivalent amount of coupons are given for every recharge you do, thus it’s a great option to recharge online using freecharge wallet.
- Founded on : August 2010
- ounder :Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon
- Headquarter : Mumbai, Maharastra.
- Owner : Snapdeal
- FreeCharge was started in August, 2010 by Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon.
- In 2011, FreeCharge was named as one of the most promising technology startups from India by Pluggd.in.
- In 2012, the company claimed to be doing online recharge of INR 6 million on a daily basis.
- In 2014 Freecharge received $33 Million Fund from Sequoia Capital, Sofina and Ru-Net.
- On 8 April 2015 Indian e-commerce Snapdeal acquired Freecharge for Rs.2800 crore.
- Chat N Pay to send or receive money on the Freecharge App
- Data Lifeline to earn free 3G data up to 100 MB by exchanging tokens
- Sending and receiving money with WhatsApp
- Split bills to equally divide shares amongst friends & family
- Login using your Google+ or Facebook accounts
- Amazing discounts and cashbacks on all types of transactions
- Mumbai Metro smart card recharges
Partnership (snapdeal platform):
- Shoppers Stop
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Tata SkyAirtel Digital TV
- Reliance Big TV
- Dish TV
- Sun Direct
- Videocon D2H
- Tata Docomo
Data card Recharges:
- Reliance Netconnect
- Tata Photon
Landline Bill Payments:
- Airtel landline
- BSNL landline
- MTNL Delhi
Electricity Bill Payments:
- BSES Delhi
- BEST Mumbai
- Reliance Energy
Gas Bill Payments:
- Mahanagar Gas Ltd
- Indraprasth Gas Ltd
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here