IntroductionThe PM Mr. Modi on the occasion of the 16th Foundation Day of Chhattisgarh had launched the ‘Saur Sujala Yojana’ that would provide solar powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a sponsored price. Also, Chhattisgarh is the first state to implement the scheme.
- The main aim of this scheme is to strengthen the agriculture & rural development in rural Chhattisgarh.
- Under the scheme, solar powered irrigation pumps of 3HP & 5HPcapacity would be distributed to farmers by 31-Mar-2019.
- The scheme targets the areas, where there is no reach of electricity.
- Around 51,000 farmers would be benefitted in the state with the launch of the scheme in next 2 years.
- The Chhattisgarh State Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) is the liable authority for the installation & maintenance of the solar pumps given to the eligible farmers. Under this scheme, about 1100 solar pumps will be distributed to farmers in various zones in the state within the present financial year.
- Selection of the receivers under this scheme would be done by the Agriculture Department of the state government. The farmers who have already aided under the bore well or pump scheme will be qualified for this scheme.
- The installation of solar pumps is done in arid regions.
- It helps in saving energy.
- There is no fuel cost- as it uses available free sunlight.
- Highly reliable & durable.
- Easy to operate & maintain.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here