KCR launches ambitious sheep distribution scheme
- Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao of Telangana has launched the "Sheep Distribution Scheme", one of the flagship programmes of the State government.
Dalveer Bhandari gets renominated to ICJ
- India has renominated its serving candidate Justice Dalveer Bhandari, at the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
- The ICJ is the principal legal organ of the United Nations.
- The ICJ consists of 15 judges who are elected to nine-year terms by the United Nations General Assembly and the Security Council.
Vocab from the ArticleSubvert: undermine the power and authority of (an established system or institution).
As used in the Article: India moved the ICJ against the death penalty awarded by a Pakistan military tribunal to former Indian Navy official Kulbhushan Jadhav on charges of espionage and subversive activities.
First, indigenously built floating dock launched
- The Indian Navy’s first indigenously built floating dock (FDN-2) was launched at L&T’s shipyard in Kattupalli.
- It is developed by Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (L&T).
- The floating dock is 185 metres long and 40 metres wide and will enable docking of all kinds of vessels, including Naval ships and submarines of up to 8,000 tonnes displacement, with draughts of up to seven metres, during both day and night.
Polyhose buys Ashok Leyland unit
- Polyhose India Private Ltd. has acquired the construction equipment manufacturing facility of the joint venture between Ashok Leyland and John Deere
- Polyhose India Private Ltd. is a leading hose manufacturer in India
Mahindra unit wins contract from Airbus
- Mahindra Aerostructures has won a contract from Airbus to manufacture and supply components made of hard metals (aerospace steel, titanium and inconel) for A320neo and A350 XWB aircraft.
- Mahindra Aerostructures is an arm of Mahindra Aerospace.
- The value of the contract was not disclosed
- Mahindra Aerostructures would execute the work together with France-based Segnere SAS., which has experience working with hard metals and supplies components directly to Airbus.
Hike forays in to wallet, UPI
- Instant messaging application Hike on Tuesday forayed into the digital payments business with the introduction of the latest version of its application.
- The firm has partnered with Yes Bank to enable UPI transfers and digital wallet services from its messenger.
- Hike is an Indian Instant messaging app.
Vocab from the ArticleUnveil: remove a veil or covering from, in particular, uncover (a new monument or work of art) as part of a public ceremony.
As used in the Article: The introduction of the service, Mr Mittal said, lays the “foundation for revenue stage” for the start-up unveiled in December 2012. “There are four stages — engagement, growth, revenue and profitability. We are at the growth stage.”
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here