Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana launched in Jharkhand
- Jharkhand Government has launched the Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana
- The scheme aims at developing villages of freedom fighters.
- The scheme was launched from Ulihatu Village which is the birth place of freedom fighter and Jharkhand's tribal icon, Birsa Munda.
- The programme will provide 136 pucca houses to the dwellers of Ulihatu and a couple of other hamlets around it. Read More
SEBI Allow Fundraising Norms for REITs, InvITs
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has amended norms allowing governing real estate investments trusts (REITs) and infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs) to raise funds through debt securities and also permitting single-asset REITs in a bid to boost the financial instruments Read More
Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2017 Approved by Law Ministry
- The law ministry has given its approval to Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill
- The bill will give powers to the government to confiscate property of economic offenders and defaulters who flee India, albeit with a new provision Read More
Zannah Mustaph Gets United Nations’ Peace Prize
- Zannah Mustaph was awarded one of the United Nations’ top prizes.
- He was given the annual Nansen Refugee award for his “crucial mediating” role.
- He is a Nigerian lawyer who helped secure the release of more than 100 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram Read More
Mercedes Araoz sworn in as Peru's Prime Minister
- Mercedes Araoz was sworn in as the new head of the Council of Ministers - known as the prime minister
- The council is formed by 13 members of the cabinet Read More
Bandhan Tod App Launched in Bihar
- Gender Alliance Bihar has launched a mobile application to fight the rampant social evil of child marriage in the state.
- The app is called Bandhan Tod. Read More
Japan Launched Postage Stamps on Indian Yoga Experts
- Japanese postal department has released postage stamps on four of Bengal’s famous personalities of Yoga
- Japan has acknowledging the role played by yoga legend Bishnu Charan Ghosh and his family members in spreading Indian postural yoga in Japan Read More
India ranks 128th in Sustainable Development Goals Index
- India ranks 128th in terms of meeting the United Nations’ (UN) health-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
- India has scored very low on air pollution, sanitation, hepatitis B and child wasting Read More
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here