- Russia will conduct the Exercise INDRA-2017, the first-ever Tri-Services Joint Exercise between Indian and Russian Armed Forces from October 19 to October 29.
- Time Magazine has named Delhi University student Gurmehar Kaur in its list of Next Generation Leaders for 2017.
- Famous NRI industrialist and Chairman of the Caparo Group Swraj Lord Paul has been honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award at the 2nd British Asian Achievers Awards.
- INS Kiltan, an indigenously built anti-submarine, was commissioned into Indian Navy by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharam.
- India's The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund has signed an investment agreement worth $1 billion with a wholly owned unit of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).
- SEBI has reconstituted its committee on market infrastructure institutions.
- Mahindra & Mahindra launched a programme, Prerna with an aim to empower women working in the agriculture sector.
- Famous Konkani Folk artist Gopal Gowda has been selected Kalakar Puraskar 2017.
- Prominent poet, lyricist and journalist Prabha Varma has been chosen for the Padma Prabha Puraskaram this year.
- Kavita Devi has become the first Indian woman to be signed by the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here