14th South Association for regional cooperation in law conference (SAARCLAW):
- It is held in Sri Lankan Capital Colombo
- Theme of 14th SAARCLAW- Emerging legal trends in SAARC countries
- SAARC was founded in 8th Dec 1985 at Dhaka in Bangladesh
- Headquarters of SAARC- Kathmandu
- Number of countries in SAARC-8
- Pakistan and
- Sri Lanka
4th ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting (ADMM)-plus:
- 4th ASEAN defence ministers meeting plus held in the Philippines.
- Union Defense minister Nirmala Sitharaman represented India.
- ADDM-plus is a platform for ASEAN and its eight dialogue partners.
- ASEAN means Association of Southeast Asian Nation formed in 1967.
- Number of member countries in ASEAN-10. They are consists of 10-member countries- Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- First full union defence minister of India- Nirmala Sitharaman
14th India-EU summit:
- 14th India-EU summit was held in New Delhi.
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi represented the Republic of India
- President of the European Council Mr Donald Tusk and President of the European Commission Mr Jean Claude Juncker represented the EU.
8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit:
- 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit was held in Hyderabad.
- The two-day summit was organised by the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) and government of the United States of America in partnership with Telangana government.
- The theme of 2017 GES “Women First, Prosperity for All”
8th SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians conference:
- It was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- The 3-day conference was inaugurated by Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.
- The Indian delegation was led by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan
World Congress on Marxism:
- The 2nd edition of World Congress on Marxism was held at Peking University in Beijing, China.
- The theme of the world congress on Marxism: “Marxism and the current world and China”.
- The event coincides with the 200th birth anniversary of Karl Marx
3rd Global Investors India Forum:
- It was held in New Delhi.
- The theme of 3rd Global Investors India Forum ‘Ideate, Innovate, Implement and Invest in India’
- The event was organized by the ASSOCHAM
2017 International conference on Yoga:
- It was held in New Delhi.
- The theme of the event “Yoga for Wellness”
- The 2-day conference was organized by the Ministry of AYUSH
Global conference on Cyberspace:
- 5th edition of Global Conference on Cyberspace was held in New Delhi
- The theme of the two-day conference is Cyber4All: A Secure and Inclusive Cyberspace for Sustainable Development.
World Food Day:
- Every Year world food day is celebrated on 16th October
- It is celebrated to mark the foundation of Food and Agriculture Organisation
- The theme of 2017 world food day: “Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development
World Soil Day:
- The World Soil Day is celebrated every year on 5th Dec
- It was organised by Food and Agriculture Organization.
- Theme of 2017: Caring for Planets starts from the ground.
- Food and Agriculture Organisation was Established on 16th Oct 1945
- Head Quarters of FAO- Rome (Italy)
- Indian Navy Day is observed every year on 4th December.
- The Day commemorates the launch of Operation Trident by Indian Navy against Pakistan in 1971.
48th International Film Festival:
- It was held in Panaji in Goa.
- Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan was honoured with the Indian film personality of 2017 award.
- Canadian filmmaker Atom Egoyan was honoured with the lifetime achievement award
- Best Film award- French movie 120 beats per minute.
15th Finance commission:
- President of India constituted 15th Finance commission under the chairmanship of NK Singh.
- The commission will make recommendations, by October 2019, for five years commencing April 1, 2020.
- The period of 15th commission recommendations: 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2025.
- INSPIRE-2017: Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency
- The first edition of INSPIRE-2017 was held in Jaipur in Rajasthan
- It was organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) in partnership with World Bank and Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE).
Union Budget 2017-18
- Total budget expenditure 21.47 lakh cr.
- For individuals whose income assesses between 2.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs reduced to 5% from the present rate of 10% and whose income assesses between 50 lakhs and 1 crore a Surcharge of 10% of tax payable also single page form filling as Income Tax Return for the category of individuals having taxable income up to 5 lakhs.
- No transaction would be permitted in cash above 3 lakh.
- Basic customs duty on LNG reduced from 5% to 2.5%
- For MSME companies income tax turnover up to 50 crores is reduced to 25%.
- MAT credit is allowed to be carried forward up to a period of 15 years instead of 10 years.
India’s GDP prediction 2017-18
- RBI – 6.7%
- IMF – 6.7%
- World Bank – 7%
- ADB – 7%
- UN – 7.3%
- Fitch Ratings – 6.9%
- India Ratings and Research – 6.7%
- Domestic rating agency CRISIL – 7%
- Japanese financial holding company Nomura – 7.1%
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) – 7.4%
- The Central Statistics Office (CSO) – 7.1%
- HSBC – 7.1%
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) – 6.7%
Complete list of Nobel Prize Winners 2017
|Physiology or Medicine||
||for the discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling the circadian rhythm.|
||for decisive contributions to the LIGO detector & the observation of gravitational waves|
||developed cryo-electron microscopy for the high-resolution structure determination of biomolecules in solution|
||in novels of great emotional force, has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of connection with the world|
||for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons & for achieving a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons|
||for contributions to behavioural economics|
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation 2017 meeting
- The meeting of the Heads of State Council of the SCO was held in Astana.
- Nursultan Nazarbayev President of the Republic of Kazakhstan chaired the Meeting.
- India & Pakistan became full members of SCO during the meet.
- The next meeting will be held in 2018 in China.
- HQ of SCO is Beijing, China.
12th G-20 Summit held in Germany
- 12th G20 Summit 2017 held in Hamburg, Germany.
- The theme of the summit was 'shaping an interconnected world'.
- The leaders adopted a declaration focusing on a) sharing the benefits of globalization b) building resilience c) improving sustainable livelihood d) assuming responsibility.
- The 13th G20 summit will be hosted by Argentina in 2018.
9th BRICS Summit 2017
- 9th BRICS Summit was held in Xiamen, China. The theme was “BRICS: Stronger Partnership for a Brighter Future”.
- BRICS was established in 2006.
Some other information:
- The Summit had five participating countries namely Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa.
- China Announced $80 Million funding Plan.
12th India-Japan Annual Summit 2017
- India signs 15 pacts with Japan to enhance connectivity & promote developmental projects in the North East & countries adjoining the region. Both countries agreed on an India-Japan Roadmap for Investment Promotion.
15 pacts were signed between the two sides:
- to enhance connectivity & promote developmental projects in North East.
- 'Japan-India special programme for Make In India' to cooperate in infrastructure development programmes in Gujarat.
- Exchange of RoD on open skies in the civil aviation sector.
- 3 agreements for promoting cooperation in science & technology fields and 4 pacts to boost education, research & strategic collaboration in the field of sports, 2 Agreements in research cooperation & Japanese language education.
- During the Visit, & Japanese PM Abe & PM Modi launch bullet train project in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The bullet train is targeted to run between Mumbai & Ahmedabad on a dedicated track by 2023 also the construction of the high-speed train corridor will create 4,000 direct jobs & at least 20,000 indirect jobs.
Revision of guidelines of Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme
- The investment limit 4 kg for individuals, 4 Kg for Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) & 20 Kg for Trusts & similar entities.
- The ceiling on investment will not include the holdings as collateral by Banks & Financial Institutions.
- Based on the consultation with NSE, BSE, Banks & Department of Post, features of a product to emulate 'On Tap' sale. SGBs will be available 'on tap’.
PM historic visit to Israel
- Narendra Modi became the first PM from India to visit Israel in the last 70 years also 7 agreements signed between the two countries which are setting up of India-Israel Industrial R&D & Technological Innovation Fund (I4F) , Water Conservation in India, State Water Utility Reform in India, India-Israel Development Cooperation – Three Year Work Program in Agriculture 2018-2020, regarding cooperation in Atomic Clocks, cooperation in GEO-LEO Optical Link, cooperation in Electric Propulsion for Small Satellites.
Currency - Israeli new shekel.
World Book fair in New Delhi
- World book fair began at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- Theme – ‘Manushi’, which focuses on writing on and by women.
- Minister of State for Human Resources Development Mahendra Nath Pandey inaugurated this fair.
1st Integrated Heliport of India launched at Rohini at New Delhi
- Civil aviation minister Ashok Gajapati Raju dedicated the heliport to the nation.
- Pawan Hans developed the heliport.
The Meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT)
- India will host the GICNT in New Delhi.
- Highlights of The meeting was India’s commitment to global nuclear non-proliferation and peaceful uses of nuclear energy also continued priority of India to nuclear security, strengthening the institutional frameworks, capacity building and enhancing international cooperation.
- The meeting was organised by Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy and Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar will inaugurate the meet,
ISRO successfully launches record 104 satellites in single mission.
- ISRO created history by successfully launching a record 104 satellites in the single mission which were launched on board of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C37, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Administrator: A. S. Kiran Kumar; (Chairman)
The 11th edition of North-East Business Summit (NEBS)
- The 11th edition of North-East Business Summit (NEBS) has started in New Delhi.
- It is an initiative to facilitate investment, strengthen business opportunities.
India by the Nile’ cultural festival
- ‘India by the Nile’ cultural festival started in Cairo, Egypt.
- Sanjay Bhattacharyya is India’s ambassador to Egypt.
- this year India celebrates 70 years of independence and also 70 years of its diplomatic relations with Egypt.
Capital – Cairo
Currency – Egyptian pound
President – Abdel Fattah el – Sisi
G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting
- The G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors’ Meeting has started in Baden-Baden, Germany in which finance ministers and central bank chief from the group of 20 economics were meet together.
- They will agree to work together to promote free trade
Capital – Berlin
Currency – Euro
Pm dedicate to Nation India’s longest road tunnel on Jammu Srinagar National Highway.
- The 9.2 km long Chennai – Nasheri Tunnel between Jannu and Srinagar built on the Nation highway.
- It reduces to 31 km, bypassing snow bound upper riches.
Jammu and KashmirSummer Capital - Shrinagar
Winter Capital - Jammu
CM - Mehbooba Mufti
PM inaugurates UN Vesak Day in Sri Lanka
- PM Modi inaugurated UK Vesak Day on 12th May 2017 in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe, Sri Lanka’s minister for Justice and Buddha Sana announced this.
- It was Modi’s second official visit to Sri Lanka
Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Currency – Sri Lankan Rupee
PM – Ranil Wickremesinghe
Govt. to provide every citizen affordable electricity by 2022
- Power Minister Piyush Goyal asserted that providing affordable electricity by 2022.
Facebook launches Express Wifi in India
- The Express Wifi offers internet facility through public hotspot to users in rural parts of India also it partnered with Bharti Airtel, which plans to bring an additional 20000 hotspot online.
Founders: Mark Zuckerberg
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here