Introduction:Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme is launched by the central Government of India with an aim to enable pastoral women by creating an environment to use their potential at maximum level.
Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme is an expansion of the umbrella scheme mission which was set up by the Ministry of Women and Child Development for the financial year 2017-2020.
Objectives:To make an improvement in the child sex ratio especially girl child and their education and employment.
To improve quality of life, to give security and take care of the rural women all across the India by training and capacity building.
To provide a path to the rural women use their potential at maximum level and to get all the availed benefits from the government directly to them.
Highlights of the Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Scheme
- This scheme works like one destination for rural women and covers the area like skill development, employment, digital literacy health and nutrition.
- A scheme will be maintained at the national level it means the core part of this scheme is planned, designed, evaluated and managed at the central level and the implementation is at the state level in the rural area.
- A budget for this scheme is of Rs 3636.85 crore for the financial year 2017-2020 and out of which 3084.96 is given by the central government and the rest by the state government or any other party and it will be implemented at 14 lakh Anganwadi Centres to make the scheme successful.
- To make this scheme successful, a central government will set one-stop centres in 150 districts for the next two years and it will connect with a helpline which is especially for the beneficiaries and give non-stop 24-hour technical and Non- technical services to the women.
- Swadhar Greh is also set up to provide support and recovery to the 26000 women.
- A central will also support the working women hostels which will benefit more than 19000 women.
- This scheme will give financial assistance of Rs 600 to each rural pregnant woman for the institutional delivery and vaccination of her children which is directly transferred to her bank account.
- To create awareness regarding the scheme, for more than 300 lakhs students will take part as a volunteer and make awareness through campaign all over the country. A volunteer will help the beneficiaries by explaining the process in the society.
- A volunteer will give more weighted to the rural women to contribute to the development of the economy and the position of the volunteer is measured by the web system.
- At the end of the campaign programme all over the country, certificates will be given by the central government used for prospective reference to the volunteers.
- A Mahila police volunteers also spread awareness regarding this scheme and try to make the interaction between the public and police.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here