Key Information:Launched On: 19th December 2017
Launched At: New Delhi
Launched By: The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
Objective: SAMEEP is an overreach mission which aims to take Indian external policy and its global commitments to students beyond the country and also see at diplomacy as a career option.
List of Government Schemes in India 2017 - PDF
Highlights of SAMEEP
- The main aim of this plan is to make school and college students of India familiar with activities of how the union ministry of External Affairs works.
- This programme will precede students with a fundamental of Indian foreign policy and its progress and achievements.
- This programme will help students to think about voyage as a career option because in India, there is less or no much information regarding this job and that is the main theme of this whole initiate.
- The union minister of external affairs spoke person stated that the main aim is to join with students from the grassroots level so that they can think from the beginning.
- The union ministry of external affairs started this initiative to take a foreign policy to the mass and talk to students to understand foreign policy in a better way.
- This will help students to know India's place around the globe and how the ministry of external affairs Fulfil its purposes by coping with the foreign countries.
- This will give a prospect of a job in a foreign country and it also gives knowledge about how foreign relations are developed, formed and maintained.
- In a digital era, the union ministry of external affairs has started an interactive program named "Ask the Spokesperson” on social media because nowadays youth are more engaged with smartphones and social pages.so, this will easy for the students as well as for the union ministry to run this operation more smoothly and effectively.
- The team will give all answers related to this programme and perspectives of foreign policy to anyone.
- A name SAMEEP was chosen from 550 entries which were obtained by free entries to the My Government portal.
How does it work?
- This is an optional arrangement for the MEA officials, for secretary and for students with an option to move back to school or college. It is totally free and free from obligation to join in this initiative those who are interested can participate in the programme.
- Under this initiative, the ministry of external affairs officials who will take leave and go to their alma mater and try to engage with any school and college students.
- Their role would be to involve school and college students for a diplomacy job and give them a knowledge in detail or give a brief view of how Indian Government engages with the global country, external policy preferences and how in real diplomacy administered.
- Under this programme, the union ministry of external affairs will present an official presented pattern for the implementation and if officials will find something new or didn't feel this pattern for the progress then they are allowed to make a change or improvise it and supplement their own skill, expertise and practical exercises.
- These officers communicate how MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS runs foreign policy of India, and how to do work of Diplomacy so that students will get an idea for a career option.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here