- Name of the index-‘International IP (Intellectual property Index)
- Released by-U.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Innovation Policy Center
- The Index covers 50 economies, which represents 90 percent of global GDP.
- Rank of India - 36th
- First rank in IP index - United States
What is IP index?
- Intellectual property Index ranks countries on the basis of its intellectual property friendliness to innovation-based global corporations.
How the rankings are given In IP index?
- The Intellectual property Index ranks Countries based on 45 unique indicators which are critical to innovation development.
- Over the previous year, IP has taken center stage in international key trade discussion.
- Governments with strong IP systems foster greater innovation and creativity and position themselves to raised contend at the very best compete levels for global investment, talent, and growth.
- In Latin America, Mexico & Argentina’s overall scores increased considerably as a result of positive IP reforms, which show a rising focus on global competitiveness in the region.
- The Index reflects a direct correlation between strong IP protections and economic advancement.
- The Index also represents that countries with robust IP systems are more likely to experience increased global trade and investment, greater R&D activity, and stronger global competitiveness.
- US has topped this Index with 42.66 points out of 45, followed by United kingdom with 42.22 points at second, Sweden with 41.03 points at third and france with 41 points at Fourth.
India Specific Findings
- India experienced its second consecutive year of growth jumping eight places from 44th to 36th.
- The jump is attributed to the recognition of international standards of copyright protection and incentives in IP.
- India’s overall score has increased significantly from 30.07% (12.03 out of 40) in the 2018 index to 36.04% (16.22 out of 45) in 2019.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here