- Name of the index-‘International IP (Intellectual property Index)
- Released by-U.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Innovation Policy Center
- Number countries ranked in the index-50
- Rank of India-44th
- First rank in IP index-USA
What is IP index?Intellectual property Index ranks countries on the basis of its intellectual property friendliness to innovation-based global corporations.
How the rankings are given In IP index?The Intellectual property Index ranks Countries based on 40 unique indicators which are critical to innovation development.
TOP 10 ranks in IP index:
|Name of the country||Rank in IP index|
India & IP index:India ranked 44th of 50 economies - a jump from 43rd of 45 economies one year ago - improving its performance both in relative and absolute terms in its annual International IP Index.
India scored 30 percent in the recent IP index, representing the largest percentage improvement of any country measured.
India has improved its performance both in relative and absolute terms. The factors that helped India improve its score included
- Passing guidelines to strengthen the patentability environment for technological innovations,
- Improving the protection of well-known trademarks
- Passing IPR policy.
- initiating IP awareness and coordination programs
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here