As per the recent report of New World Wealth, Mumbai is the 12th richest city in the world.In this context some of the facts related to the report are :
- India’s financial capital Mumbai With a total wealth of $950 billion stands as 12th richest city in the world.
- Mumbai is also home to 28 billionaires and features among the top 10 cities in terms of billionaire population.
- Mumbai is also home to the Bombay Stock Exchange, the 12th largest stock exchange in the world.
- As per report financial services, real estate and media are the major industries in Mumbai.
How wealth is calculated in the report:
- Total wealth refers to the private wealth held by all the individuals living in each city. It includes all their assets (property, cash, equities, business interests) less any liabilities.
- Government funds are excluded from the figures.
- With a total wealth of 3 trillion dollars New York is the richest city in the world.
- New York is also home to the two largest stock exchanges in the world.
- Here is the list of top 15 cities in terms of wealth:
|Name of the city||Rank|
- Fastest growing in terms of wealth growth over the past 10 years are San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai and Sydney.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here