As per the recent report of New World Wealth, Mumbai is the 12th richest city in the world.In this context some of the facts related to the report are :
- India’s financial capital Mumbai With a total wealth of $950 billion stands as 12th richest city in the world.
- Mumbai is also home to 28 billionaires and features among the top 10 cities in terms of billionaire population.
- Mumbai is also home to the Bombay Stock Exchange, the 12th largest stock exchange in the world.
- As per report financial services, real estate and media are the major industries in Mumbai.
How wealth is calculated in the report:
- Total wealth refers to the private wealth held by all the individuals living in each city. It includes all their assets (property, cash, equities, business interests) less any liabilities.
- Government funds are excluded from the figures.
- With a total wealth of 3 trillion dollars New York is the richest city in the world.
- New York is also home to the two largest stock exchanges in the world.
- Here is the list of top 15 cities in terms of wealth:
|Name of the city||Rank|
- Fastest growing in terms of wealth growth over the past 10 years are San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai and Sydney.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here