- Vidyanjali is a sub-programme under SSA. It was launched to enhance community and private sector involvement in Government run elementary schools across the country.
- The aim of the programme is to strengthen implementation of co-scholastic activities in government schools through services of volunteers
- Prashikshak portal or India Teacher Education Portal was launched by Department of School Education and Literacy (SE&L in 2016.
- This portal is helpful in the monitoring of Teachers Education Institutions and in providing comprehensive information to prospective students and teachers to select the right institute as per choice
Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat (PBBB)
- Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat (PBBB) is a sub-programme of the SSA, in classes I and II focusing on foundational learning in early grades with an emphasis on reading, writing and comprehension and mathematics.
Tithi Bhojan Initiative
- “Tithi Bhojan” is a concept designed to ensure greater public participation in the Mid Day Meal Programme being followed in Gujarat. In order to bring in greater community participation, local communities are encouraged to celebrate important family events viz., the birth of a child, success in the exam, the inauguration of new house, etc. by contributing to the mid-day meal served in the local schools.
- It is voluntarily served by the community/family among school children in several forms like sweets and namkeen along with regular MDM, full meals, supplementary nutritive items like sprouted beans, contribution in kind such as cooking ware, utensils, dinner sets or glasses for drinking water.
MHRD has developed a web portal called ShaGun (from the words Shaala and Gunvatta) to monitor the implementation of Sarva Siksha Abhiyan
- Swayam is a Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) initiative on a national platform with a comprehensive academic structure.
- The integrated platform will offer courses covering engineering, humanities and social sciences etc., to be used by learners at large.
Shaala Siddhi Initiative
- Shaala Siddhi was developed by the National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA). It is a comprehensive instrument for school evaluation leading to school improvement
- It aims to enable schools to evaluate their performance in a more focused and strategic manner and facilitate them to make professional judgments for improvement.
Shala Darpan Initiative
Shala Darpan project was launched in 2015. The objective of this project is to provide services based on school management systems to students, parents and communities.
Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV)
- KGBV are residential upper primary schools for girls from SC, ST, OBC Muslim communities and BPL girls. KGBVs are set up in educational backward blocks where schools are at great distances and are a challenge to their security of girls. KGBVs reach out to adolescent girls who are unable to go to regular schools to out of school girls in the 10+ age group who are unable to complete primary school and younger girls of migratory populations in difficult areas of scattered habitations that do not qualify for primary/upper primary schools.
- KGBVs provide for a minimum reservation of 75 per cent seats for girls from SC/ST/OBC and minorities communities and 25 per cent to girls from families that live below the poverty line.
Pragati Initiative Scholarship for Girl Students
- Pragati is a scheme of AICTE aimed at providing assistance for advancement of girls participation in technical education. Salient features of the scheme include:
- Number of scholarships per annum: Rs. 4,000 ‘One Girl’ per family, where the family income is less than Rs. 6 Lakh /annum
- The candidates will be selected on merit at the qualifying examination to pursue technical education from amongst such candidates.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/ - or at actual, whichever is less and Rs. 2,000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
- Reservation-15 per cent for SC, 7.5 percent ST and 27 per cent for OBC candidate/applicant.
- Out of the total number of scholarships in each scheme, 50 per cent scholarships are available at each degree /diploma level and also transferable in the event-of non availability of eligible applicant in any.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here