- Launched on: 8th March 2018.
- Launched at: New Delhi, India.
- Launched by: National Institution for Transforming India, the central government of India.
- Inaugurated by: NITI Ayog CEO Shree Amitabh Kant.
- On the occasion of International women's day.
- Theme: "Women and Entrepreneurship".
- The WEP theme song is “Naari Shakti” which is composed and sung by Shri Kailash Kher.
- Website: www.wep.gov.in
“Women First, Prosperity for All”.
- To encourage women entrepreneurship by co-operating with various partner organisations.
- To increase the clarity of existing schemes, programmes & services across public and private sectors.
- To recognize and address various issues and bottlenecks in proper ways.
- WEP platform will provide services of free credit ratings, mentor-ship, and financial assistance to women entrepreneurs, apprenticeship and corporate partnerships. In addition to this, WEP will also encourage women entrepreneurs to share their personal success stories – entrepreneurial journeys, stories & experiences to nurture mutual learning.
- The Central Government of India has launched a new program for the women entrepreneurs named as Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP).
- This new platform is going to be monitored and controlled by the NITI Aayog.
- Under this new platform, it is expected that a number of women entrepreneurs will be going to encourage for the better development of a country.
- WEP platform will give services of free credit ratings, mentorship, and financial support to women entrepreneurs, apprenticeship and corporate partnerships.
- Along with this, WEP platform will boost women entrepreneurs to share their personal success stories – entrepreneurial journeys and experiences.
Pillars of the platform:WEP Platform has been launched by NITI Aayog to boost the fund for the women entrepreneurs to establish & entitle a progressive ‘New India’. WEP is formulated based on the 3 pillars which are as follows:
- Ichha Shakti- 1st pillar will help to encourage the women entrepreneurs to commence their own businesses or enterprises.
- Gyaan Shakti- 2nd pillar will help to give a proper knowledge & ecosystem provision for the allocation of the entrepreneurship skills & techniques.
- Karma Shakti- 3rd pillar will give an opportunity to women entrepreneurs to establish, scale up and run up their businesses.
WEP platform Service PartnersWEP platform will work like an inside spacious framework of industry cooperation and partnerships. Various Service Providers will also give unique services to women entrepreneurs.
- CRISIL – This Company will give credit evaluation service of women-led startups.
- DICE – Dice has set up a separate fund of Rs. 10 crores for future equity investments which will give new opportunities.
- ShopClues.com – This partner is going to provide internship and dedicated mentor-ship to women entrepreneurs.
- Mann Deshi Foundation – This Company will give digital and financial literacy.
- Other Corporates – Various other industry platforms like NASSCOM, CII, FICCI, SIDBI and Facebook are in partnership with WEP.
- 1st step: visit the official website wep.gov.in
- 2nd step: on the homepage, click the “Register” tab present on the right side or directly click this link.
- 3rd step: Consequently, Women Entrepreneurship Platform Registration Form will be shown on the screen.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here