- First Indian to reach South Pole – Colonel J.K. Bajaj.
- First Indian Woman to reach South Pole – Reena Kaushal Dharmashaktu.
- First Country to abolish slavery – Britain, 1807.
- First Country to abolish child labour – Prussia, 1839.
- GLP – Good Laboratory Practices.
- GMP – Good Manufacturing Pratices.
- First central PSU to be privatized : Modern Food Industries ( Jan 2000)
- First power plant in India with Soviet collaboration: Neyveli Lignite Corporation in 1962.
- First Indian movie to receive Oscar nomination for best foreign language film: Mother India directed by Mehboob Khan.
- First movie to be banned by Indian Government: Neel Akasher Neechey,directed by Mrinal Sen.
- First Param Vir Chakra winner: Major Som Nath Sharma.
- First woman in the Indian Army to receive the ‘Sword of Honour’ prize: Divya Ajith Kumar.
- Genova- A city in Italy, nicknamed ‘la superba’(“the proud one”). Designated as European Capital of Culture in 2004.
- Geneva- Headquarters of Europe’s United Nations and Red Cross. Also nicknamed as Peace Capital.
- Longest Bone in Human Body- Femur, or thighbone.
- Weakest Bone in Human Body- Spinal cord.
- First Indian Player to win All England Badminton tournament- Prakash Padukone, in 1980.
- First Indian to win a Superseries level Badminton tournament- Saina Nehwal, in 2009.
- Lens used for correcting Hypermetropia- Convex lens.
- Lens used for correcting Myopia- Concave Lens.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here