- Indu Malhotra became the second sitting woman judge in the top court and the first woman lawyer to be directly elevated from the Bar as a Supreme Court judge
- Rajinder Khanna, a former chief of the country's external intelligence agency RAW, was on appointed as the Deputy National Security Adviser (NSA)
- The Union Law Ministry appointed senior-most Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawat as the next Chief Election Commissioner of India
- Renowned scientist K Sivan was appointed as new chairman of ISRO. The brain behind PSLV project, for which he has been working since 1982, Sivan is popularly known as the 'Rocket Man' for his significant contribution in the development of cryogenic engines.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed senior bureaucrat Neelam Kapoor as Director General (DG) of the Sports Authority of India.
- S Somanath was appointed as Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Dinesh Srivastava appointed as Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC).
- Cyril Ramaphosa was elected as new president of South Africa
- Kunwar Bai, a 106-year-old woman from Chhattisgarh who was chosen as the mascot for `Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’, passed away.
- Abhilasha Kumari was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court
- Former Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel's appointed as Madhya Pradesh governor.
- Sudeep Lakhtakia was appointed as new Director General of National Security Guard (NSG).
- KP Sharma Oli was sworn in as Nepal’s prime minister for the second time.
- Vijay Keshav Gokhale, who played a key role in resolving the Doklam standoff with China, took over as the foreign secretary of India today, succeeding S Jaishankar.
- Senior Indian-origin Scotland Yard officer Neil Basu became first person of Asian heritage to be appointed as Counterterrorism Chief
- Krishna Kumari Kohli has become the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman to be elected to Pakistan's Senate,
- Sri Jayendra Saraswathi passed away. He was 69th pontiff of Kanchi Sankara Mutt. Sri Sankara Vijayendra Saraswathi will now become the 70th head of the mutt.
- Navjot Kaur became the first Indian woman to claim a gold medal in the Asian wrestling championships when she defeated Imai Miyu of Japan in the final to win the 65kg title
- 2018 OSCAR awards
- Best movie-The shape of water
- Best actor-Gary old man
- Best actress- Frances Mc Dormand
- Best director-Guillermo del Toro
- Supreme Court judge A M Khanwilkar has been named as the chairman of the tribunal
- The Supreme Court appointed former Karnataka High Court Judge, Justice Jawad Rahim as the acting Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
- Myanmar's Parliament has elected Win Myint as the country's next President
- Long-serving American diplomat Rosemary DiCarlo was appointed to become the first woman to head UN political affairs, one of the most high-profile positions at the world body.
- The HRD ministry has set up a "high-powered committee" to examine the process by which the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts examinations, following the alleged leak of the Class X mathematics and the Class XII economics papers.
- The panel, headed by former HRD secretary VS Oberoi, will also suggest measures to make the process "secure and foolproof through the use of technology"
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here