1. President felicitates 112 first ladies:
- President glorified 112 exceptional women achievers at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi. These 112 women were selected after extensive research process by Ministry of Women & Child Development (WCD).Among those who were honoured by President include:
ii) P V Sindhu: Olympic silver medalist
iii) Priya Jhingan: First Lady Cadet to join the Indian Army
iv) Diana Edulji: First ODI captain of the first ever Indian Women’s Cricket Team
2. International Women's Day (March 8):
- This is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women every year.
3. Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan || PMSMA:
- It was launched in 2016 to ensure comprehensive and quality antenatal checkups to pregnant women across country. Scheme has crossed one core mark in antenatal check-ups.
i). Provide healthy life to the pregnant women.
ii). Making pregnant women aware of their health issues and diseases.
iii) Making sure safe delivery and healthy life of the baby
Beneficiary: The scheme is applicable only for pregnant women in their pregnancy period of 3 to 6 months.
4. Freedom to open owned business:
- On Feb, 2018 Saudi Arabia has allowed women to open their own businesses and benefit from government e-services without having to prove consent from husband or male guardian.
5. First woman fighter pilot to fly fighter jet:
- Flying officer Avani Chaturvedi (24) created history by becoming first Indian woman pilot of Indian Air Force (IAF) to complete a solo flight in a MiG.-21 Bison fighter aircraft.
6. 1st railway station become fully women operated non -suburban station:
- The Gandhi Nagar railway station in Jaipur, Rajasthan became the country’s first major non-suburban railway station to be fully-managed by women.
7.Beti Bachao Beti Padhao|| BBBP :
- The Union Government has expanded Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) programme from 161 districts to all 640 districts of the country. The scheme was launched by Prime Minister in January 2015 at Panipat, Haryana as comprehensive programme to address declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR) and related issues of empowerment of women over life-cycle continuum.
8. Women Entrepreneurship Platform ||WEP:
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has commended India’s progress in reducing maternal mortality ratio (MMR) by 77%, from 556 per 10000 live births in 2016.This progress puts India on track towards achieving Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) target of MMR below 70 by 2030.
- 'Bharosa', an initiative of Hyderabad City Police, is a state-of-the-art centre to support women and children who are victims of violence. Since its inception in 2016, a total of 3,560 victims have approached 'Bharosa' centre with a range of problems.
- 'Bharosa' provides under one roof, 24X7 services related to police, medical, legal, prosecution, psycho-therapeutic counseling and relief and rehabilitation services in completely private counseling rooms to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- The centre is equipped with well-trained staff and modern gadgets, including facilities like video conferencing, so that the victims need not go to the court.
10. National Repository of Information for Women || NARI:
- Union Minister of Women & Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi on 2 January 2018 inaugurated the online portal 'NARI' for women empowerment. NARI stands for 'National Repository of Information for Women'. The portal contains information about schemes being run by both Central as well as the States Governments.
- 'NARI' portal has been developed by the Union Ministry of Women & Child Development.
- It will provide easy access to information on government schemes and initiatives for women to women citizens.
- It will also provide information to women on issues affecting their lives.
- There are tips on good nutrition, suggestions for health checkups, information on major diseases, tips for job search and interview, investment and savings advice, information on crimes against women, contacts of legal aid cells and simplified adoption procedures.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here