Banking and Financial Awareness:
- Axis Bank Introduced Iris Authentication for Aadhaar-Based Transactions through its micro ATM tablets.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance and Vijaya Bank Entered into Bancassurance Deal
- Exim Bank and BRICS Development Banks signed a MoU in distributed ledger/blockchain technology to undertake “collaborative research”.
- PayPal & HDFC Bank partner to offer seamless payment experiences to card holders
- In line with Budget estimate, RBI to pay Rs 50,000 cr dividend to govt. for FY18.
- Ivan Duque was sworn in as the newly elected President of Colombia.
- Emmerson Mnangagwa Wins Zimbabwe's 1st Post-Mugabe Election.
- Justice Rajendra Menon was sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
- Chile's Michelle Bachelet will be the next UN Human Rights Chief.
- Harivansh Narayan Singh was elected the Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman.
- Nikhil Nanda Appointed as Chairman and MD of Escorts.
- Ajay Data, 1st Indian to Become Member in Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Nobel Prize-winning British Author V S Naipaul Passes Away.
- Australian Professional Golfer Jarrod Lyle Passes Away.
- Congress leader Rajinder Kumar Dhawan passes away.
- Former The Hindu BusinessLine journalist, Mony K. Mathew, passes away.
- Former Tamilnadu CM and leader of DMK Mr.M Karunanidhi Passed away.
MOU’s, Agreement and Summits
- Senior Official’s special meeting of the Bay of Bengal Initiatives for Multi-Sectoral, Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) was held in Kathmandu. theme - theme "Towards a peaceful, Prosperous and Sustainable Bay of Bengal Region".
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Peace Mission 2018 To Be Conducted in Russia.
- To promote Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) forest produced for livelihood development of tribal people, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) & National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), signed an MoU.
- The ‘One District One Product’ Summit inaugurated by The President of India in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- The 3rd India-Nepal Coordination meeting was started in New Delhi.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here