Ballon D'Or Award-2018
- Croatia’s midfielder Luca Modrich (33) has won prestigious honor of football, Ballon d’O award.
- Norway’s Ada Hegerberg wins Women’s Ballon d’Or.
- It was inaugural edition of Women’s Ballon d’Or. She is three-time Women’s Champions League winner.
Syed Modi India Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title 2018
Hima Das Appointed Unicef First Ever Youth Ambassador
- India’s ace sprinter and Asian Games gold-medalist sprinter Hima Das was appointed as first ever youth ambassador of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India.
- She was the first Indian athlete to win gold medal in the track event at IAAF World U20 Championships held in Tampere, Finland.
- In 2018 Asian Games (Jakarta), she had won a silver medal in 400 m.
- She is nicknamed ‘Dhing Express’ after her village in Assam.
- India’s ace sprinter Hima Das was appointed as Sports Ambassador of Assam.
Asian Shotgun Championship
- Angad Vir Singh Bajwa won gold medal in men’s skeet final of the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship held in Kuwait.
- With this, he became first Indian skeet shooter to win continental or world level event.
2018 World Wrestling Championships
- Fifth Edition of 2018 World Wrestling Championships was held in Budapest, Hungary
- India is at the 17th place with 2 medals – 1 silver and 1 bronze.
- Bajrang Punia bagged the silver medal.
- Pooja Dhanda won Bronze medal and became fourth Indian woman to win a medal at the World Wrestling Championship.
Rahul Dravid Inducted Into ICC’s Hall Of Fame
- Former India captain Rahul Dravid was officially inducted into International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Hall of Fame.
- He presented memento by the legendary opener Sunil Gavaskar at Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- With this, Dravid became fifth Indian cricketer after Bishan Singh Bedi Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, and Anil Kumble to be named on the elite list.
Youth Olympic Games 2018
- Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga won India’s maiden gold medal at 2018 Youth Olympic Games being held in Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina.
- Thangjam Tababi Devi (16) became India’s first judo medalist at the Olympic level. She achieved this feat after winning silver medal.
Most Valuable Player At Asian Games
- Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has chosen Japanese woman swimmer Rikako Ikee as the winner of Most Valuable Player (MVP) Trophy Award in 2018 Jakarta and Palembang Asian Games.
PV Sindhu: 7 Highest Earning Sportsperson
- PV Sindhu was ranked seventh on Forbes list of highest-earning women sportspersons in the world.
- P V Sindhu finished second best winning silver medal at World Championships 2018 of Badminton in women’s singles category held at Nanjing, China.
UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships
- Indian Teen cyclist Esow Alben created history by winning the country’s maiden medal in track cycling at the world level.
- He achieved this feat by winning silver medal in Men’s Keirin event of UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships held in Aigle, Switzerland
Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2018
- World champions Australia won 27th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah cup 2018 for record 10th time.
- Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament It is an annual international men’s field hockey tournament held in Malaysia.
- It has been named after 9th king of Malaysia and ‘Father of Malaysian Hockey’ Sultan Azlan Shah
Deodhar Trophy 2018
- India B won 45th edition of the Deodhar Trophy 2018 by defeating Karnataka in final match.
- The Deodhar Trophy is a List A cricket competition in Indian domestic cricket. It is named after Prof. D. B. Deodhar (known as the Grand Old Man of Indian cricket).
- Three teams are chosen by BCCI
Senior Asian Championships: Navjot Kaur Grabs Gold
- Wrestler Navjot Kaur won a gold medal in the 65kg freestyle wrestling category of Senior Asian Championships held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- With this, she created history by becoming first Indian woman wrestler to win gold medal in Senior Asian Championships.
Satyarup Siddhanta Climbed Mt Ojos Del Salado
- Satyarup Siddhanta has become second Indian mountaineer after Malli Mastan Babu to climb Mt Ojos del Salado (6893 m), the highest volcano in the world on Argentina-Chile border.
Sunil Chhetri Second Highest International Goal Scorer
- Sunil Chhetri became joint second highest international goal scorer among active players along with Argentine superstar footballer Lionel Messi.
- He achieved this feat after he scored his 64th goal in match between India and Kenya in Intercontinental Cup
France Won Fifa World Cup 2018
- France has won 2018 FIFA World Cup Football by defeating Croatia by 4-2 goals in the final match held at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, Russia
Dipa Karmakar Created History
- India’s leading gymnasts Dipa Karmakar created history by becoming first Indian gymnast to win gold medal in the vault event of FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup at Mersin, Turkey.
Asian Games 2018: Key Takeaways
- Star Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra was the flag bearer for the Indian contingent at the opening ceremony of the 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia
- Indian athlete Swapna Barman won gold medal in women’s Heptathlon Athletics event. With this, she became first Indian to win gold medal in heptathlete event in Asian Games.
- India’s Arpinder Singh won gold medal in Men’s Triple Jump event
- Shot-putter Tejinder Pal Singh Toor won Gold medal in men’s shot put final
- Indian tennis pair of Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan won gold medal in Men’s Doubles tennis
- Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won gold medal in Men’s 10m Air Pistol event with record score of 240.7
- Wrester Vinesh Phogat won gold medal
- India won four bronze medals in Wushu sporting event; Roshibina Devi, Santosh Kumar; Surya Bhanu Partap Singh, Narender Grewal
- Indian boxer Amit Panghal has won the gold medal in Men’s 49kg category at Asian Games 2018
- Jinson Johnson has won gold in the men's 1500 metres
- Rahi Sarnobat has become the first Indian female shooter to win a gold in shooting at the Asian Games.
Pankaj Advani Become First Indian To Win An Asian Snooker
- 19th times World champion Pankaj Advani. has won the the Asian Snooker Tour in Jinan, China
- He has become the first Indian to win an Asian Snooker Tour event.
Mary Kom Named Aiba Women World Championship
- Olympic medallists Mary Kom. had been named as the brand ambassador of the 10th edition of the International Boxing Association (AIBA) Women World Championship.
Manav Thakkar Grabbed Bronze
- Manav Thakkar settled for a bronze medal in the Under-21 singles category in the International Table Tennis Federation Challenge Belgosstrakh Belarus Open in Minsk, Belarus.
Harmanpreet Kaur Named Icc Women’s World T20 XI Team
- India's batting star Harmanpreet Kaur has been named as captain of the ICC Women's World Twenty20 XI
Bhavani Devi Grabs Gold
- Bhavani Devi has won the gold medal in the Sabre event in the Senior Commonwealth Fencing Championship 2018 in Canberra, Australia.
Laureus World Sports Awards 2018
- The 19th edition of Laureus World Sports Awards will be held in February 2019 in Monaco.
- The Laureus World Sports Awards (considered‘Oscars of sports) celebrate global sporting achievements across the calendar year.
FIG Acrobatic World Cup
- Indian gymnasts Prins Aris & Rejilesh Suribabu have won two bronze medals in the men's and women's group events of the FIG Acrobatic World Cup in Baku.
Shuttler Lakshya Sen Won Bronze
- India’s shuttler Lakshya Sen has won bronze medal at Li Ning BWF World Junior Badminton Championships 2018 at Markham, Canada
Junior Asian Wrestling Championship In New Delhi
- India won 8 medals in the event
- Sachin Rathi (74-kilogram category) and Deepak Punia (86-kilogram category) won the gold.Iran (189 points) topped the team championship.
- India (173 points) finished second while Uzbekistan (128 points) came third.
- India has won Under-19 ICC World Cup 2018 by defeating Australia by eight wickets. With this victory, India became first nation to win Under-19 World Cup four times.
- Swiss tennis player Roger Federer has retained his Men’s Singles title by winning 2018 Australian Open.
- Vidarbha cricket team won 2017 Ranji Trophy tournament
- Chess grandmaster Viswanathan Anand won World Rapid Chess Championship Title 2017 held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- India’s Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won gold medal at World Weightlifting Championships held in Anaheim, United States.
- The Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) of Union Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs has included entire Men’s Hockey team of India under the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS).
- •The Union Cabinet has approved an ordinance to set up the country’s first national sports university in in Imphal (west), Manipur.
- Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir has announced his retirement from all formats of cricket.
- Indian badminton player Subhankar Dey has won the SaarLorLux Open at Saarbrucken in Germany.
- The winner of ATP 2018 championship – Alexander Zverev.
- Sakshi Choudhary has won the gold at the World Youth Boxing in Budapest in the 57-kilogram category
- Indian Shooter Om Prakash Mitharwal picked up his maiden gold medal at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Championships in Changwon, South Korea.
- Naomi Osaka won the US Open women's title 2018.
- Hangzhou (China) will host the fourth edition of Asian Para Games in 2022
- Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar has won the 2018 Fiji International Golf title
- Indian golfer Viraj Madappa has become the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour
- Japan won first ever title at FIFA U-20 women's world cup France 2018
- American professional golfer Dustin Johnson has won the 2018 RBC Canadian Open at the Glen Abbey Golf Club in Oakville in Canada.
- India clinched ‘Kabaddi Masters title 2018’ defeating Iran 44-26 in the summit clash in Dubai
- Australia won the Hockey Champions Trophy 2018
- India’s ace squash player Dipika Pallikal has been appointed as Asia’s representative in the prestigious Athletes Advisory Commission of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF)
- Manu Attri & Sumeeth Reddy. champions retained the men's doubles title at the Lagos International badminton tournament in Nigeria
- Indian football Sunil Chhetri was named the 2017 All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player of the Year in the men’s category.
- Kamala Devi was adjudged the 2017 AIFF Woman Player of the Year.
- Young Anirudh Thapa was declared as the 2017 Emerging Player of the Year
- Goalkeeper E Panthoi was named as the 2017-woman Emerging Player of the Year.
- India cricketer Mithali Raj has become the first Indian cricketer to score 2000 runs in Twenty20 Internationals (T20I).
- Smriti Mandhana become the first Indian women cricketer to appear in Kia Super League in England
- Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat has been conferred with the WBC Asia Boxer of the Year 2017 Award by the Asian Boxing Council.
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran has clinched first ever singles tennis title on the ATP Challenger circuit in Kunming Open at Anning, China
- FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 unveils official mascot --Son of Dreams
- Shooter Anish Bhanwala became India's youngest gold medalist at the Commonwealth Games.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here