1. Cabinet had approved MoC between India and Japan in the field of Food Processing Industry
- It will promote understanding of best practices in the food processing in two countries and will help in improving the food processing sector as well as improved market access, leading to equity and inclusiveness.
2. Cabinet has approved an amendment to the ‘Framework on Currency Swap Arrangement for SAARC Member Countries’ to incorporate ‘Standby Swap’ amounting to USD 400 million operated within the overall size of the facility
- The incorporation of 'Standby Swap' within the approved SAARC Swap Framework would provide necessary flexibility to the Framework and would also enable India to provide a prompt response to the current request from SAARC countries for availing swap amount exceeding the present limit prescribed under the SAARC Swap Framework.
3. Cabinet has approved an extension of Delhi Metro corridor from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Adda Ghaziabad
- The total distance of the extended line is 9.41 km.
- The project would provide much needed additional public transport infrastructure to National Capital Region (NCR).
- It is being implemented by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC), the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of the Government of India and Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD).
4. Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding between India and Kuwait for cooperation on the Recruitment of Domestic Workers
- It provides a structured framework for cooperation on domestic workers related matters and provides strengthened safeguards for the Indian domestic workers which also includes female workers deployed in Kuwait.
- Initially, it will be valid for a period of five years and incorporates provision for automatic renewal.
5. Cabinet has approved creation of the National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal (GSTAT)
- The National Bench of the Appellate Tribunal will be situated at New Delhi.
- It will be presided over by its President and shall consist of one Technical Member (Centre) and one Technical Member (State).
6. Cabinet has approved MoU between India and France on technical bilateral cooperation in the field of new and renewable energy
- Both the countries aims to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship to encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable issues on the basis of mutual benefit, equality and reciprocity.
- The technical cooperation will cover joint research working groups (RWG), pilot projects, capacity building programs, study tour, case studies and the sharing of experience/expertise.
7. Cabinet has approved Bilateral Swap Arrangement between India and Japan
- The swap arrangement is an agreement between India and Japan to essentially exchange and re-exchange a maximum amount of USD 75 Billion for domestic currency which will be used for the purpose of maintaining an appropriate level of balance of payments (BOP) for meeting short-term deficiency in foreign exchange.
8. Cabinet has approved creation of the post of Vice Chancellor for National Rail & Transport Institute (Deemed to be University) set up in Vadodara, Gujarat
- The Vice-Chancellor should be the Principal Executive Officer of the institution and shall exercise the general supervision and control over the affairs of the institution and shall be responsible for implementation of the decisions of all the authorities of the Institution deemed to be University.
9. Cabinet approved setting up of 3 new AIIMS New AIIMS to come up at
- Vijaynagar, Samba in Jammu
- Awantipur, Pulwama, Kashmir
- Rajkot, Gujarat
10. Cabinet has apprised of MoU between India and Morocco on Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security
- The MoU intends to promote closer cooperation for exchange of knowledge & experience in detection, resolution and prevention of security-related incidents between both the countries.
- The implementation of MoU will result in significant mutual benefits in the Cyber Security sector, through institutional and capacity building with Morocco in the field of Cyber Security.
11. Cabinet has approved high level committee to implement Clause 6 of Assam Accord Several Longstanding demands of Bodos also approved
- Assam Accord was signed on 15th August, 1985.
- Clause 6 of the Assam Accord envisaged that appropriate constitutional, legislative and administrative safeguards, shall be provided to protect, preserve and promote the cultural, social, linguistic identity and heritage of the Assamese people.
12. Cabinet has approved first-ever three-way merger in Indian Banking with amalgamation of Vijaya, Dena and Bank of Baroda
- It will be the first-ever three-way consolidation of banks in India, with the amalgamated bank being India's second largest Public Sector Bank (PSB).
- It will help create a strong globally competitive bank with economies of scale and enable realisation of wide-ranging synergies.
- Leveraging of networks, low-cost deposits and subsidiaries of those three banks has the potential of yielding significant synergies for positioning the consolidated entity for substantial rise in customer base, market reach, operational efficiency, wider bouquet of products and services, and improved access for customers.
- Vijaya and Dena Bank are transferor banks and BoB is transferee bank.
- The scheme will come into force on 1.4.2019.
13. Cabinet has approved Amendment to the Trade Unions Act, 1926 to make provisions regarding Recognition of the Trade UnionsThe approval will facilitate
- Recognition of Trade Unions at both the Central and State level
- Ensure true representation of workers in the tripartite bodies
- Check on the arbitrary nomination of workers’ representatives by the Government
- Reduce litigations and industrial unrest.
- Cabinet has given ex post facto approval to India's Approach for COP 24, Katowice, Poland.
14. Cabinet has approved restructuring of National Health Agency as "National Health Authority" for better implementation of Pradhan Mantri - Jan Arogya Yojana
- The existing society "National Health Agency" has been dissolved and will be replaced by National Health Authority as an attached office to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
15. Cabinet has approved continuation of Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram Scheme for the Period 2017-18 to 2019-20208 sub schemes under Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram are:
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan(NYKS)
- National Youth Corps (NYC)
- National Programme for Youth & Adolescent Development (NPYAD)
- International Cooperation
- Youth Hostels (YH)
- Assistance to Scouting & Guiding Organizations
- National Discipline Scheme (NDS)
- National Young Leaders Programme (NYLP)
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here