- Unit-1 of Kaiga Generating Station has registered 941 days of continuous operation surpassing the earlier record of 940 days held by Heysham-2 Unit-8 (610 MWe AGR) of UK.
- Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant Unit-2 resumed its operations in September 2018, three and a half months ahead of schedule after completion of Renovation and Modernization works.
- APSARA (U) an upgraded swimming pool type reactor became operational at Trombay in September 2018. The reactor is designed to produce a large variety of isotopes and serve nuclear physicists, material scientists and reactor designers providing state of art facilities.
- Cyclone-30, a medical cyclotron, the largest in India delivered 30 MeV beam. The cyclotron is capable of meeting radioisotope needs for entire eastern India and will also meet the requirements of Palladium 103 and Germanium 68 for the entire country.
- DAE signed an inter-governmental collaboration agreement with Fermilab USA in the field of Neutrino Physics.
- Agreement was signed between NPCIL, India and EDF of France in March 2018 for the establishments of 6 nuclear power reactors of EPR technology.
- Memorandum of Understanding was signed with VINATOM of Vietnam in March 2018 on training and capacity building.
- An agreement was signed between the Department of Atomic Energy and the Department of Natural Resources of Canada on Nuclear Science & Technology.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here