- National Archives of India hosted special exhibition to commemorate 70 years of Accession of Jammu and Kashmir to India. Through this exhibition NAI aimed to portray the historical narrative of Kashmir conflict, sensitizing the younger generation and creating awareness about heroism, valour and sacrifice of our armed forces and civilians.
- Mumbai’s Victorian Gothic and Art Deco building declared as World Heritage by UNESCO. Thus Mumbai became the second city in India after Ahmadabad to be inscribed on the World Heritage List.
- 7th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was held in Karnataka to celebrate the idea of unity in diversity while 8th RSM was held in Madhya Pradesh and 9th RSM in Uttarakhand.
- The first International Kala Mela was held in Delhi with the aim to promote the spirit of unity in Diversity and the relevance of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. It had more than 800 participants from across the globe.
- 8th Theatre Olympics was held at Red Fort in New Delhi. It was the first ever Theatre Olympics to be held in India.
- Two days long Sanskriti Mahostav named “Ras Banaras – Swachhagrah – Bapu Ko Karyaanjali” was held in Varanasi to celebrate the creative and cultural industries of Varanasi.
- Lalit Kala Akademi hosted first ever International Print Biennale in the country with a record number of 17 countries taking part in it.
- Madhavpur Mela was organised in Gujarat to celebrate the immortal journey of Rukumini from Arunachal Pradesh to Gujarat.
- Two days Kabir Mahotsav was held in Maghar, Uttar Pradesh to commemorate the 500th year of death anniversary of saint Kabir.
- A new building of ASI headquarters named Dharohar Bhawan was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
- A new scheme named Seva Bhoj Yojana was launched by Ministry of Culture which envisages to reimburse the central government share of CGST and IGST so as to lessen the financial burden of such as religious institutions who provide food/langar free of cost without any discrimination to Public.
- Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti organised a 3 day “South Asia Regional Youth Peace Conference” in partnership with UNESCO – MGIEP in Delhi.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here