- EASE stands for Enhanced Access and Service Excellence. The index is prepared by the Indian Banking Association and Boston Consulting Group. The report measures the performance of each PSB on 140 objective metrics across 6 themes.
- Punjab National Bank has been ranked on the top among public sector banks in the implementation of reform agenda which is followed by Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- The report noted PSU banks’ strengthening of the bad-loan recovery process, pointing to the success of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) in fast-tracking the resolution process.
- The report has shown significant improvement in PSBs performance on the back of Government's 4R strategy which includes recognition, recovery, recapitalisation and reforms.
- The report also tracked multiple steps taken by PSBs to institutionalise CLEAN banking and avoid recurrence of NPA problem in future.
- PCA banks have shown 30% improvement in responsible banking theme of EASE index.
- The score of top ranked banks are as follows (out of 100):
|Punjab National Bank||78.4|
|Bank of Baroda||77.8|
|State Bank of India||74.6|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||69|
Read the complete list of reports and India's rank here
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here