Socio-Economic Facilities to Minorities
- Ministry: Ministry of Minority Affairs: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- The scheme aims to empower the students belonging to minority communities and prepare them for competitive examinations so that their participation in government and private jobs improves. The scheme provides financial support for free coaching to notified minority students in selected coaching institutions.
- The objectives of the scheme are to assist students belonging to the notified minority communities by way of special coaching for the following:-
- Qualifying examinations for admission in technical/ professional courses such as engineering, medical, law, management, information technology etc. and language/aptitude examinations for seeking admission to foreign universities.
- Competitive examinations for recruitment to Group 'A', 'B' and 'C‘ services and other equivalent posts under the Central and State governments including public sector undertakings, banks, insurance companies as well as autonomous bodies.
Eligibility Criteria For Candidates/ Students
- Candidates must have secured the requisite percentage of marks in the qualifying examination prescribed for admission into the desired courses/recruitment examinations.
- Only candidates belonging to the notified Minority Communities, having total family income from all sources not exceeding Rs.6.00 lakh per annum, will be eligible under the Scheme.
- Benefits of coaching under the scheme can be availed by a particular student only once (except residential coaching programme for preparation of Civil Service Exams) irrespective of the number of chances he/she may be entitled to in a particular Competitive Examination
- In respect of residential coaching for preparation of Civil Service Exams, benefit of the scheme can be availed by a particular student maximum two times.
- Only 50% coaching fees prescribed for the course will be granted to the organizations/institutions in respect of repeaters students.
- Students who have taken residential coaching for composite preparation Civil Services exam will not be eligible to get benefit under "Nai Udaan" Scheme of the ministry.
- Students/Candidates covered under the scheme shall have to attend all classes. In the event of any student remaining absent for more than 15 days, without any valid reason or leaving the coaching midway, the entire expenditure incurred on the candidate will be recovered from the institute/student/candidate concerned.
- 30% of the numbers sanctioned for coaching shall be earmarked for girl students/candidates.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs will fund the entire expenditure of coaching provided to selected minority students as per the terms and conditions of the Scheme.
- The amount of coaching fee for the programme awarded to the institution/ organization will be released to the coaching institutions/organization in two instalments every year.
- An amount of Rs. 2500/- per month will be paid to all the students who will be taking coaching under the scheme subject to fulfilling the other terms and conditions.
New Component I
- The New Component 1 is a two-year residential Focused Coaching for science students of class XI & XII for preparation of Medical/Engineering entrance exams.
- The rate of financial support for a selected student under this Component is up to Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rs. one lakh only) per academic year which will be payable to the Institute.
- Minimum duration of coaching programme for 11th class will be 8 months and for 12th class it will be 10 months.
New Component II
- Under this component one year residential coaching programme for preparation of Medical/ Engineering entrance exams will also be conducted for the minority students who have passed 12th class with minimum 75% marks with Science subjects.
- The rate of financial support for a selected student under this component is upto Rs. 1.00 lakh for one year coaching programme which will payable to the institution.
- Minimum duration of coaching programme under this programme will be 10 months.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here