Socio-Economic Facilities to Minorities
- Ministry: Ministry of Minority Affairs: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Government of India, Ministry of Minority Affairs is implementing the scheme Nai Udaan- Scheme for Support to Minority Students for preparation of Main Examination, who clear Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions
- The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial support to the minority candidates clearing prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commissions to adequately equip them to compete for appointment to Civil Services in the Union and the State Governments and to increase the representation of the minority in the Civil Services.
- The candidate should belong to one of the Minority Communities notified under Section 2 (C ) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992
- Total family income of the candidates from all sources should not exceed Rs. 6.0 lakh per annum
- The financial support can be availed by a candidate only once.
- Every year up to 2000 candidates will be given financial support under the scheme throughout the country on fulfilling the eligibility criteria till the budgetary allocation is exhausted.
- The rate of financial assistance will be maximum Rs. One Lakh only (Rs. 1,00,000/-) for clearing Civil Services Preliminary exam conducted by Union Public Service Commissions
- Rs. Fifty Thousand only (Rs.50,000/-) for clearing prelims exam conducted by State Public Service Commissions etc. (Gazetted post)
- Rs. Twenty-Five Thousand (Rs. 25,000/-) for clearing preliminary exam conducted by Staff Selection Commissions-Combined Graduate Level (SSC-CGL) for Non- Gazetted Post.
- 100% financial support will be provided to the selected candidates through the Ministry of Minority Affairs as this is a Central Sector Scheme (CSS).
- Payment will be made through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) mode.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here