- The Union cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to the MoU between India and Argentina on cooperation in the field of Medical Products Regulation.
- The Union Cabinet has approved inclusion of Common Service Centres (CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd.) under MeitY as an enrolment agency, and permitting bulk deposits by other Ministries / Departments / Welfare Boards / other agencies of Central and State Governments in lieu subscriber’s share.
- The approval will enable workers in the Unorganized Sector, to get social security in the form of monthly pension of Rs. 3,000/- on attaining the age of 60 years.
- The Union Cabinet, has approved setting up of a Railway Zone at Vishakhapatnam and a new division with headquarter at Rayagada by reorganizing the existing South Central Railway and East Coast Railway.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the National Policy on Software Products - 2019 to develop India as a Software Product Nation.
- Initially, an outlay of Rs.1500 Crore is involved to implement the programmes/ schemes envisaged under this policy over the period of 7 years. Rs1500 Crore is divided into Software Product Development Fund (SPDF) and Research & Innovation fund.
- The Union has approved the proposal of Jammu &Kashmir Government to issue "The Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019' by the President of India. It provides for amendments in the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Act, 2004 to bringing persons residing in the areas adjoining International Border within the ambit of reservation at par with persons living in areas adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALoC).
- The Cabinet today approved payment of the face value of the subscribed share capital of Rs.1450 crore in National Housing Bank(NHB) to Reserve Bank of India (RBl) consequent to amendments made to the NHB Act, 1987 in 2018.
- The Union cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for implementation of scheme titled 'Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India Phase II (FAME India Phase II)' for promotion of Electric Mobility in the country. The scheme with total outlay of Rs 10000 Crores over the period of three years will be implemented with effect from 1st April 2019.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for setting up of a Centre for Disability Sports at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, to be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It will function under the name of Centre for Disability Sports, Gwalior.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) beyond March, 2019 (PMAY-G) Phase-II as follows:
- Total target for construction of 1.95 crore houses under PMAY-G Phase-II upto 2022.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the Implementation of an Externally Aided Project namely “National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP) under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) through loan assistance (IBRD Credit) from World Bank.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the introduction of Registration of Marriage of Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Bill, 2019, for creating more accountability and offering more protection against exploitation of Indian citizens, mostly women by their NRI spouses.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for Abolition of Institution of Income-Tax Ombudsman and Indirect Tax Ombudsman.
- The Union Cabinet has approved establishment of a unified authority for regulating all financial services in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs) in India through International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019.
- The first IFSC in India has been set up at GIFT City, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- An IFSC enables bringing back the financial services and transactions that are currently carried out in offshore financial centres by Indian corporate entities and overseas branches/subsidiaries of financial institutions (FIs)to India by offering business and regulatory environment that is comparable to other leading international financial centres in the world.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for establishment of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for Conservation protection and development of cows and their progeny.
- It will result in increased growth of the livestock sector which is more inclusive, benefiting women, and small and marginal farmers.
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA has approved the proposal to provide soft loans to the extent of about Rs 7900-10540 crore to the sugar industry to help the sugar industry to clear its cane dues arrears.
- Government will bear the interest subvention cost of 7 - 10% to the extent of Rs 553 crore to Rs 1054 crore for one year.
- Government has mandated that banks will obtain from the sugar mill, the list of farmers with bank account details to the extent cane dues are to be paid, so that the same are directly paid into the accounts of the farmers on behalf of the sugar mills. Subsequent balance if any, will then be credited into the mill's account.
- Furthermore, in order to incentivize the mills to clear their dues, CCEA has also decided that the approved soft loans will be provided to those units which have already cleared at least 25% of their outstanding dues in the sugar season 2018-19.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for development of New Greenfield Airport at Hirasar, Rajkot, Gujarat at an estimated cost of Rs.1405 crore.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired has approved the FDI Proposal for Foreign Direct Investment of more than Rs. 5000 crore and up to Rs. 25000 crore in M/s Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL) as part of a proposed equity fund raise by way of a Rights issue of equity shares and/or other equity-linked securities to eligible shareholders of the company.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the "Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv IndhanVatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana" for providing financial support to Integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved launch of Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan with the objective of providing financial and water security to farmers.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for the increase in the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Raw Jute for 2019-20 season.
- The Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Fair Average Quality (FAQ) of Raw Jute has been increased to Rs.3950/- per quintal for 2019-20 season from Rs. 3700/- per quintal in 2018-19 season.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs Chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today gave its approval to the Proposal of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting regarding PrasarBharati's "Broadcasting Infrastructure and Network Development" scheme at a cost of Rs.1054.52 crore for 3 years from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs gave its approval for the creation of a corpus of Rs. 2000 crore for Agri-Market Infrastructure Fund (AMIF) to be created with NABARD for development and upgradation of agricultural marketing infrastructure in Gramin Agricultural Markets and Regulated Wholesale Markets.
Cabinet Approvals on MOU's
|India and Brazil||Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy|
|India and Saudi Arabia||
|India and Argentina||Field of Tourism|
|India and Vietnam||Cooperation in the field of Communications.|
|India and Tajikistan||Cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy|
|India and Norway||Undertaking non-intrusive Geological Surveys and Investigations.|
|National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), USA||Access tipline reports on Missing and Exploited Children|
|India and the United Kingdom||Cooperation in Weather and Climate Sciences|
|India and Argentina||Cooperation in the field of Medical Products Regulation|
|India and Maldives||Establishing Mutual Cooperation to Improve the Ecosystems for Agribusiness|
|India and Ukraine||Cooperation in Agriculture and Food Industry|
|India and UAE||Development Cooperation in Africa|
|India and Finland||
|India and Uzbekistan||For promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of eGovernance.|
|India and Morocco||For setting up of a JWG on counter-terrorism|
|India and Election Management Bodies of Namibia and Panama||On cooperation in the field of electoral management and administration.|
|India and Malaysia||For Mutual Cooperation in the field of Company Secretary Ship|
|India and Maldives||In the field of agribusiness|
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here