- It has been released by UK based Skytrax which is a consultancy firm and runs an airline and airport review and ranking site. The awards are based on votes of customers in a global airport customer satisfaction survey.
- Changi Airport of Singapore has been crowned as the world's best for the seventh time in a row.
- Tokyo International Airport moved up one place and has been ranked as second best this year. It has also won accolade as World’s Best Domestic Airport and World’s Cleanest Airport.
- The World’s Top 10 Airports of 2019 are
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Tokyo Haneda International Airport
- Incheon International Airport
- Hamad International Airport
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Chubu Centrair International Airport
- Munich Airport
- London Heathrow Airport
- Narita International Airport
- Zurich Airport
- Singapore Changi Airport is also well known for its rooftop swimming pool, two 24-hour movie theatres and shopping spots.
India Specific Findings
- IGIA of New Delhi has been ranked as the best airport of India.
- It moved eight points up this year and has been ranked at 59.
- Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport ranked next best of India which is ranked at 64.
- Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport stood at 66 and that Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport at 69.
- Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) has been awarded the Best Regional Airport and the Best Airport Staff Service Award in both India and Central Asia category at the Skytrax world Airport Awards-2019.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here