According to the Report
India is one of this report’s happiest surprises. The country is now ranked 17th, a staggering 20 spot increase, as the World Bank dramatically upgrades its “Doing Business” score, supported by a growing entrepreneurial spirit throughout the country.
- India has been placed at 17th rank this year which is 20 spots above the previous year's ranking of 37th spot.
- The cities with the most vibrant startup ecosystems in India are Bangalore, New Delhi and Mumbai
- The reason for India's improved position is the launch of 3800 new startups during the last year. Overall, Indian startups received $11 Bn of funding through 743 deals in 2018.
- The sectors which received the most funding were: e-commerce; consumer services (hyperlocal) and fintech.
- The biggest round of funding in 2008 was of Swiggy’s Series H in which the food delivery service received $1 Bn in funding.
- In StartupBlink’s cities ranking, six Indian entries made it to top 100.
- Bengaluru was at the top startup city in India at 11th
- New Delhi was at the 18th spot and Mumbai stood at 29th rank.
- Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune also made it to top 100.
- Since last year, there has been no change in rankings for the first 4 countries.
- USA, UK, Canada, Israel secured the first four positions respectively.
- These four countries are referred as "Big4" in the report
- San Francisco strongly maintains its leading spot in the Cities Ranking
- San Fransico is followed by New York, London, Los Angeles and Boston.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here