Pradhan Mantri KIsan SAmman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
- PM KISAN Yojana was launched in the Interim Budget 2019-2020 with an objective to augment the income of the Small and Marginal farmers
- The scheme took effect from December 01, 2018 to transfer benefits to the eligible beneficiaries.
- The aim of the scheme is to support the financial needs of the farmers to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income.
- With the help of this scheme, the government is planning to benefit 12 crore small and marginal farmers with a budget outlay of 75000 crores.
- Farmer families with total cultivable holding up to 2 hectares will be provided with Rs. 6000 per annum to be given in three equal instalments. These instalments will be released on a quarterly basis.
- The first instalment to eligible beneficiaries shall be for the period from 01.12.2018 to 31.03.2019.
- The income of Rs. 2,000 for four months will be directly credited to the bank accounts of eligible farmers in three instalments.
Exclusion of Beneficiaries
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts.
- Former and present Ministers, MLA or MPs
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, CA, and Architects
What is the name of the scheme launched in the budget to extend direct income support at the rate of Rs. 6,000 per year to farmer families, having cultivable land up to 2 hectares?
What does PM-KISAN stand for?
Pradhan Mantri KIsan SAmman Niyojan
What is the total amount to be given to the farmers under PM-KISAN Scheme (per annum)?
In how many instalment will the farmers get the benefit under PM KISAN Yojana and what would be the amount of each installment?
How many Small and Marginal farmer families are expected to be benefitted from PM-KISAN Yojana?
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here