Launch Date: 12th January 2019
Launched by: Sikkim’s Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling
Implemented by: Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) Government
- Under this scheme, one member of every family gets a government job.
- All loan debts in the farming and agriculture sector would be abolished.
- The recruitments are being made for Group C and Group D posts.
- Under this scheme only members of those families which do not have a government job are eligible to avail these benefits.
- With the implementation of this scheme, It became a state with every sixth person holding a government job, where among the 0.62 million population almost 0.1 million people are state government employees.
- Also, it became the first state in the country to launch an exclusive programme which entitles every family in the state with a government job.
- In this scheme the monthly salaries of the new recruits ranged from Rs 9,000 to Rs 12,000.
- At an employment fair organised at the Paljor Stadium in Gangtok, The Chief Minister of Sikkim handed over appointment letters to over 12,000 unemployed youths.
- Capital: Gangtok
- Governor: Ganga Prasad
- Chief Minister: Prem Singh Tamang (SKM)
- Legislature: Unicameral (32 seats)
- State Animal: Red Panda
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here