- It is conducted by an independent verification agency. This is the second survey conducted by IVA. IPE Global, in Joint Venture with Hindustan Thompson Ltd represented by Kantar Public, was selected to undertake the NARSS after a competitive bidding process. It surveyed 92040 households in 6136 villages across states and UTs in India. The survey measures the outcomes on the basis of World Bank's Disbursement Linked Indicators (DLI).
- The report has overcome the statistical shortfalls of NARSS 2017-18 and used the PPS (Probability Proportion to Size) sampling methodology, which yields results within a confidence interval of 95 per cent.
- 93.1% of rural households had access to toilets.
- 96.5% of the people who had access to the toilet used them.
- 90.7% of verified ODF villages were confirmed as ODF.
- 95.4% of the villages found to have minimal litter and stagnant water.
- Of the 6136 villages, 2891 villages were ODF verified.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here