- Launched on: 24th July 2017
- Ministry: Ministry of Women and Child Development
- SHE-Box: Sexual Harassment electronic-Box
- About: SHE-Box Portal is an online complaint management system for registering sexual harassment complaints against women at workplace as envisaged under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act (the SH Act), 2013
- Link: http://shebox.nic.in/
- To create a safe and secure workplace for Women Free From Sexual Harassment.
- The system provides service to all women working in both government and private sector organizations, organised or unorganised sector, regardless of hierarchy. It also includes women visiting any central government office for work and domestic workers.
- It is launched for the implementation of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act (the SH Act), 2013
- Internal Complaint Committee (ICC): The ICC is constituted under the SH Act. An ICC or Local complaint committee (LCC) is to be made in each Ministry/Department/ PSU/Autonomous Body etc. The complaint registered will be sent to the ICC of the concerned department/Ministry
- The progress of the inquiry conducted by the ICC/LCC can be monitored on the portal by the WCD as well as the complainant
- Those women who have already made a written complaint to ICC can also file an Online Complaint on SHE-Box portal
- The users of the portal are allowed to interact with the WCD Ministry and will get assured response in a time-bound manner.
Further Steps Taken By The Government.
- Information about 112 institutions is provided by the WCD Ministry on the portal. These institutions are enlisted to conduct training/Workshops on the issue of sexual harassment at workplace
- WCD Ministry has linked the portal with all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories to report complaints of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Each case of complaint on the portal is directly sent to the central/ state authority concerned having jurisdiction to take action in the matter.
- A Handbook consisting detailed information about SH Act, 2013 is provided in the repository of the portal along with a training module to build capacity of government officials.
- The action is taken by the WCD Ministry in the wake of the worldwide campaign # MeToo, where women have disclosed their experiences of facing sexual harassment.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here