Today we are presenting you a 10 question set on Indian Geography which is very important for your upcoming SSC CGL 2016 and RRB NTPC 2016. Try to solve it.
Indian Geography Quiz for SSC and Railway Exams
1. Palk Strait separates India from
c) Andaman Island
d) Sri Lanka
2. Which of the following States of India do not lie entirely in the Tropical Zone of the Earth?
a) Kerala and Tamil Nadu
d) Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh
3. Which of the following Indian islands lie between India and Sri Lanka?
4. One of the states not bisected by the Tropic of Cancer is
c) West Bengal
5. Which of the following rivers lies in a rift valley
6. Which of the following is characterised by excessive dampness with a thick growth forest and a variety of world life?
7. The Ganga Indus Plain widens
a) from east to west
b) from west to east
c) at the middle
d) no where
8. The southern-most point in Indian territory is in
a) Tamil Nadu
d) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
9. The river Damodar ends in
a) River Ganga
b) River Hooghly
c) The Bay of Bengal
d) Salt Lake
10. The amount and intensity of monsoon rainfall is determined by the frequency of
a) western disturbances
d) tropical depressions
1. d) Sri Lanka
2. b) Gujarat
3. c) Rameshwaram
4. a) Orissa
5. d) Tapi
6. c) Terai
7. a) from east to west
8. d) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
9. b) River Hooghly
10. d) tropical depressions
Thanks. Please visit us again for useful study materials.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here