- Axis Bank is India’s third-largest private sector lender by assets.
- The bank has its head office in Mumbai and Registered office in Ahmedabad.
- It has 2,959 branches, 12,743 ATMs and Nine International offices.
- On December 1993 UTI(Unit Trust of India) Bank started its operation.
- The first branch was inaugurated on 2nd April 1994 in Ahmedabad by Dr Manmohan Singh, the finance minister of India.
- In 2003 UTI Bank Has become the first Indian bank to launch the Travel currency card
- In 2005, UTI Bank got listed on London Stock Exchange
- In 2006, UTI Bank opened its first overseas branch in Singapore
- Finally, in on 30th of July 2007, UTI Bank has been officially changed its name to ‘The AXIS Bank’.
- Logo of Axis bank:
- Tagline: Badhti ka Naam Zindagi
- Headquarter: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Shika Sharma
- Chairman: Sanjiv Misra
- Brand Ambassador: Deepika Padukone (Actress)
- Founded on:1993
- Abu Dhabi
- Dubai (at DIFC)
- Hong Kong
Subsidiaries:The Bank has ten wholly owned subsidiaries
1. Axis Capital Ltd.
2. Axis Direct
3. Axis Finance Ltd.
4. A.Treds Ltd.
5. Axis Private Equity Ltd.
6. Axis Trustee Services Ltd.
7. Axis Mutual Fund Trustee Ltd.
8. Axis Bank UK Ltd.
9. Axis Securities Europe Ltd.
10. Axis Asset Management Company Ltd.
Digital offerings provided by Axis Bank:
- Axis Pay
- Ping Pay
- Augmented Reality
- Axis Thought factory
- Instant Personal Loan
- Locker Booking
- Multicurrency Forex cards
- ISIC Forex cards
- Asha Home Loans
Awards Received Recently:
- The ‘Best Use of Mobile within a loyalty strategy’ at the Loyalty Awards 2017
- The ‘Best Use of Partnership in a loyalty Program’ at the Loyalty Awards 2017
- The ‘Best Rewards Program’ for the 3rd consecutive year at the Loyalty Awards 2017
Remember key points Using Mind Map Technique:
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here