- HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Bank is an Indian banking and financial services company.
- It is India’s second-largest private sector lender by assets.
- It is the largest bank in India by market capitalization as of February 2016.
- In 1994 HDFC Bank was incorporated, with its registered office in Mumbai, India.
- Its first corporate office and a full-service branch at Sandoz House, Worli, Mumbai was inaugurated by the then Union Finance Minister, Manmohan Singh.
- As of December 31, 2016, the Bank’s distribution network was at 4,555 branches and 12,087 ATMs across 2,597 cities.
- Logo of HDFC bank:
- Tagline :We Understand Your World
- Headquarter : Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD & CEO : Mr.Aditya Puri
- Founded on : August, 1994.
- Hong Kong
Awards Received (2016):
- Best Banking Performer Award, India in 2016 by Global Brands Magazine.
- Bank of the year & best digital banking initiative award 2016 by KPMG study of India’s Best Bank
- Business leader of the year for Aditya puri by AIMA Managing India
- Best Performing Branch in Microfinance among Private sector bank, 2016 by NABARD
- It was ranked 69th in 2016 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands.
- Times Bank in February 2000.
- Centurion Bank in 2008.
Digital offerings provided by HDFC:
- SME Bank
- Watch Banking
- 30-Minute Auto Loan
- 15-minute Two-Wheeler Loan
- 10 second personal loan
- e-payment gateways
- Digital Wallet
- The latest project of HDFC bank is “Project AI”, under which it would deploy robots at selected bank branches.
- These robots will offer options such as cash withdrawal or deposit, forex, fixed deposits and demat services displaying on the screen to persons coming into the branch.
- Sustainable Livelihood -
- Financial Literacy -
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here