- In the last quarter of 1906, Madras (now Chennai) was hit by the worst financial crisis.
- To resolve the problem, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer , founded the Indian bank.
- Indian Bank is an Indian state-owned financial services company established in 1907 as a private sector bank, with its head office in Parry's Building, Parry Corner, Madras, Tamil Nadu.
- It was nationalised in 1969 by the Government of India along with other 13 private banks under Banking Companies Ordinance, 1969.
- Since 1969 the Government of India has owned the bank.
- In 1981 Indian Bank set up its first RRB, Sri Venkateswara Grameena Bank, in Chittoor.
Logo of Indian Bank:
- Tagline: Taking Banking Technology to Common man
- Headquarter: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Founder: V. Krishnaswamy Iyer
- Founded on: 15 August 1907
- Ind bank Merchant Banking Services Ltd.
- Ind Bank Housing Ltd.
- Rayalaseema Bank
- Mannargudi Bank
- Bank of Alagapuri
- Salem Bank
- Trichy United Bank
- The Palakkarai Bank
- The Tennur Bank
- Bank of Thanjavur
Awards Received Recently:
- Indian Bank has won Six SKOCH Technology Innovation Awards for its Techno Products.
- India's Best Bank Award by Financial Express.
Techno Products provided by Indian Bank:
- Scan and Pay in Indpay Mobile App
- Geo-Tagging in IB Staff App
- Digital Challan in IB Customer App
- Online Credit Card Transaction view in IB Customer App
- ATM Room Cleanliness Feedback with photo from user in IB Customer App
- Green PIN for Credit / Debit Card / Net / Mobile Banking.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here