Signed copy of Hitler’s book goes for £17,000
- An extremely rare, signed copy of German dictator Adolf Hitler’s autobiography has been sold for a whopping £17,000 at an auction in the United Kingdom.
- Name of the Autobiography: Mein Kampf
Vocab from the ArticleReluctant: unwilling and hesitant; disinclined
As used in the Article: The copy is especially rare as Hitler was known to be reluctant to sign documents or souvenirs.
Ancient city uncovered in Ethiopia
- Archaeologists have uncovered an ancient, forgotten city in Ethiopia that unveils the origin of Islam in the country and its trade relations with India between the 10th and early 15th centuries.
- Name of the city where the ancient city is located: Harlaa
Success, the ‘ZED’ way
- Under the ZED scheme, MSME sector is ordered to make products with “Zero Defect” and “Zero Effect” on the environment, thus so improving the brand image of the country.
- ZED: zero defect, zero effect
- The main objective of the ZED (Zero Effect, Zero Defect) scheme is to decrease the bad effect of products(produced by indsutries in India) on environment.
Vocab from the ArticleArduous: involving or requiring strenuous effort; difficult and tiring.
As used in the Article: The ZED focus of the program is not only the most arduous to achieve but also most durable in its impact on overall competitiveness.
Nitty-gritty of bankruptcy code
- Reserve Bank of India has identified 12 accounts, which account for 25% of non-performing assets of the Indian banking system for immediate resolution under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- The government had recently amended the RBI Act, which gave powers to the central bank to direct banks to take punitive action against individual accounts under IBC.
India vs Pakistan: Zaman, Amir help Pakistan crush India to win 2017 Champions Trophy
- Fakhar Zaman is the Man of the match
- Hassan Ali wins the Golden Ball award for being the leading wicket taker
- Hassan Ali is also the Player of the Tournament
No-fly list norms likely in July: govt.
- The Civil Aviation Ministry has come out with draft rules for a ‘national no-fly list’ of unruly passengers for all domestic carriers, under which the flying ban could extend from at least three months to an indefinite period.
Vocab from the ArticleRein: keep under control; restrain.
As used in the Article: The norms for no-fly list to rein in unruly passengers are expected to be ready early next month, the government said on Sunday amid a parliamentarian being barred by domestic airlines for allegedly creating ruckus.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here