|Held on||9th July ,2017|
|Held at||Vigyan Bhawan , New Delhi|
|Organised by||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.|
|Chief Guest||President of India
SWAYAM portal :
- In the National Convention of Vice Chancellors of all Universities in the Country, and Heads of IISc/IITs/IIMs/NITs/IIITs at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi , the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee launched the SWAYAM portal.(www.swayam.gov.in ) . More than 700 vice chancellors and heads of academic institutions attended the convention. Many digital initiatives taken under the National Mission for Education through ICT (Information and communication technology) was showcased in the meeting.
- The platform has been constructed by Microsoft with indigenous efforts. The objective of this portal is to take high quality education to the doorstep of every one. After the launch of SWAYAM portal, India has become one of the few countries in the world which has its own online interactive learning platform.
- More than 400 online courses are available in this portal, covering all the engineering and non-engineering subjects at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. It contains video lectures by eminent lecturers, reading material and assignments/ quizzes to secure credits, which may be transferred to the academic records of students. The UGC, University Grants Commission has issued regulation for this procedure of transfer of credits.
- The teachers are call upon to put new courses in the upcoming fields, in the MOOC format (Massive Open Online Course). This would also help other teachers to help improving their teaching skills.
- Hence, without formally studying in prestigious institutions like IITs, a student can attend courses from them, through this portal.
SWAYAM Prabha DTH channels :
- Along with the SWAYAM portal, the president of India has also launched the SWAYAM Prabha – the 32 DTH channels created for telecasting high quality educational content. These channels are operated free of charge using the GSAT-15 satellite transponders.
- Any person can utilise the SWAYAM Prabha channels for free, who has a set top box to receive either DD Free Dish or DishTV. These channels transmit 4 hours of fresh educational content every day, which contain lectures from the best teachers of the Country. No monthly charge is collected for viewing these channels.
- These channels also include the IIT-PAL channels which contain lectures taught by the IIT faculty, to help the students for cracking the prestigious JEE examination,.
National Academic Depository (NAD) :
- National Academic Depository (NAD) is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resources Development(MHRD). The objective of this depository is to facilitate Academic Institutions to Digitally, Securely and Quickly issue Online Academic Awards (Certificates) to the students directly. The students will store them in their online NAD Account. The student can access certificate at any time and produce them to employers digitally.
- This digital procedure would help in easy authentication of the credentials issued by the institutions and also help in increasing transparency and ease of operation.
Programme 17 for 17Programme 17 for 17 was adopted in the convention. It is a 17 point action plan for 2017 to build digital campuses and high quality education. The action plan covers measures like universal adoption of digital education and digital financial transactions in the campuses from the current academic year.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here