- Gangotri Swachh Iconic Place project
- Bagori Ganga Gram’s project
- All these schemes were launched in Uttarakhand.
- Besides creating cleanliness, providing basic amenities to the people of Ganga bank villages, these projects would also generate employment.
- Swajal is a national drinking water programme launched by Union Drinking Water and Sanitation minister Uma Bharati
- The scheme was launched in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
- Swajal is a demand-driven and community-owned drinking water programme for sustained drinking water supply.
- The project was launched with the help of World Bank
- Initially, as a pilot program it was Six states. They are Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar
- These states will be covered under the programme in the first phase.
Gangotri Swachh Iconic Place Project:
- Gangotri Swachh Iconic Place project was launched by Union Drinking Water and Sanitation minister Uma Bharati in Utstarakhand’s Uttarkashi district.
- The main aim of the scheme is to make Gangotri as Swachh Iconic Place.
- For Gangotri, the Oil and Natural Gas Limited (ONGC) has been selected as the CSR partner
Swachh Iconic Place project
- The Swachh Iconic Place is a drive under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The project aims to improve the sanitation and cleanliness of 100 most iconic places in the country.
- Under the Swachh Iconic Place, sites that have been selected under the project will be jointly developed by the Union ministry of drinking water and sanitation, in collaboration with Union ministries of housing and urban affairs, Tourism, culture, state governments
Bagori Ganga Gram’s Project
- Bagori is one of the 24 pilot Ganga Villages picked up to be transformed into Ganga Grams this year. As a first initiative Bagori Ganga Gram project was launched by Union Ministry of water resources.
- The project is related to solid and liquid waste management in Bagori Gram panchyat.
- Total Rs. 11.88 lakhs budget allotted for this project
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here