- Name of the Scheme: Ganga Hariteema Yojana
- Launched by: Government of Uttar Pradesh
- Launched on: April 07, 2018
- Inaugurated By: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
Introduction:Uttar Pradesh Government has launched Ganga Hariteema Yojana (also known as Ganga Greenery Scheme) in 27 districts of the state located on the bank of river Ganga. It was launched by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath at Allahabad in a function organised on the bank of Sangam, the confluence rivers of Ganga, Yamuna and Mythical Saraswati.
The aim of the Scheme:The scheme aims to enhance the green cover in the catchment areas of the river Ganga and to control the land erosion.
Some Important Facts:
- Under this scheme, the plantation will be carried out in one-kilometre areas from the banks of river.
- Common People will be also encouraged for plantation on their private lands under “One Person One Tree” Slogan.
- A high power committee under Chairmanship of Chief Minister has been set up to monitor the implementation of the scheme.
- Seven state government departments have been engaged for implementation of the scheme.
- A committee has been set up under the Chairmanship of the Chief Secretary Rajeev Kumar to look after the contribution of different departments.
- The Scheme will be carried out by September 16, 2018, the date will be observed as the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2018.
- Department of Forest has been nominated as nodal Department for the scheme.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital – Lucknow
- Current Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Current Governor – Ram Naik
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here