- Launched on: 19th February 2018 during the inaugural gathering of World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2018.
- Launched by: The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) and Central government of India.
- Inauguration by: Prime minister of India.
- Launched at: Hyderabad.
- Attendees: Prime minister of India, Union Minister for IT and Electronics and Nasscom’s President R Chandrashekhar.
- Beneficiary: 40 lakh IT employees.
- Type of benefit: Training in IT field.
- Objective: Digital empowerment of youth and is major initiative towards “Digital India”.
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, has launched Nasscom’s Future Skills platform which seeks to initially up skill about 40 lakh IT employees and future job seekers in eight emerging technologies which could push IT jobs in the future.
- Narendra Modi, Prime minister of India, has addressed the Nasscom India Leadership Forum (NILF) and World Congress of Information Technology (WCIT) through a video link which supports the country to maintain its competitive advantage in the IT field.
- Over 2,000 representatives from 30 countries have attended the three-day conference. This is for the first time NILF is occurring outside of Mumbai.
- The Central government of India has signed an agreement with the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) to promote the Future Skills platform.
- It aims to skill and up-skill around two million technology professionals and skills another two million inherent employees and students over the next some years.
- With the arrival of new technologies such as Artificial intelligence, Block chain and IoT, re-skilling of young professionals is critical.
- The platform will help to re-skilling and up-skilling of a workforce in new and emerging ICT technologies.
NASSCOM Signing MoU with MeitY
- NASSCOM has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to give financial support and foster, promote and sustain reskilling initiatives.
- Further, NASSCOM and MeitY will work in cooperation to give skill development and continuous learning to individuals in IT-ITES field and its competitors along with employees who belong to other areas.
- This MoU is going to help Digital Inclusion and will lead to Digital Empowerment.
List of Skill Development Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Robotic Process Automation
- Internet of Things
- Big Data Analytics
- 3D Printing
- Cloud Computing
- Social and Mobile
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here