Constitutional Bodies in India:
|Name of the Constitutional Body||Mentioned in|
Union Public Service Commission
Article-315 to 323
State Public Service Commission
Article-315 to 323
National Commission for SCs
National Commission for STs
Comptroller and Auditor General of India
Attorney General of India
Advocate General of the State
Special officer for linguistic Minorities
- NITI Aayog
- National Development Council
- National Human Rights Commission
- State Human Rights Commission
- Central Information Commission
- State Information Commission
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Central Bureau of Investigation
- Lokpal and Lokayuktas
Constitutional bodies & their composition
|Name of the constitutional body||Composition||Current head/chairman|
|Election Commission||chief election commissioner and the two other election commissioners||Sunil Arora|
|Union Public Service Commission||Usually, the Commission consists of nine to eleven |
members including the chairman
|Finance Commission||Finance Commission consists of a chairman and four other members to be appointed by the |
|Chairman of 15th FC-NK Singh|
|National Commission for Scheduled Castes||It consists of a chairperson, |
a vice-chairperson and three other members.
|Ram Shankar Katheria|
|National Commission for |
Scheduled Tribes (STs)
|It consists of a chairperson, |
a vice-chairperson and three other members
|Nand Kumar Sai|
and Auditor General of India (CAG)
|CAG is appointed by the president of India||Rajiv Mehrishi|
|Attorney General||Highest law officer in India||K. K. Venugopal|
|Advocate general for the state||-||-|
Non-Constitutional bodies & their composition
|Name of the Non-constitutional body||Composition||Current head/chairman|
|National Development Council||The NDC is composed of the following members. |
1. Prime minister of India
2. All Union cabinet ministers (since 1967).
3. Chief ministers of all states.
4. Chief ministers/administrators of all union territories.
5. Members of the Planning Commission.
|Prime minister of India|
|National Human Rights Commission||It is a multi-member body consisting of a chairman and four members.||Justice H.L. Dattu|
|State Human Rights Commission||It is a multi-member body consisting of a chairperson and two Members||-|
|Central Information Commission||The Commission consists of a Chief Information Commissioner and not more than ten Information |
|The Commission consists of a Chief Information Commissioner and not more than ten Information Commissioners|
|State Information Commission||The Commission consists of a State Chief Information Commissioner and not more than ten State Information Commissioners||-|
|Central Vigilance Commission||CVC is a multi-member body consisting of a Central Vigilance Commissioner (chairperson) and not more than two vigilance commissioners.||K.V. Chowdary|
|Central Bureau of Investigation||The CBI is headed by a Director. He is assisted by a special director or an additional director. Additionally, it has a number of joint directors, deputy inspector generals, superintendents of police |
and all other usual ranks of police personnel
|Alok Kumar Verma|
|Lokpal||Lokpal to consist of a Chairperson and upto eight members and not less than 50% of the members to be from SCs, STs, OBCs, minorities and women||-|
|lokayukta||Varies from state to state||-|
Composition of NITI AayogThe composition of NITI Aayog is as follows:
- Prime Minister of India act as the Chairman of NITI Aayog
- Governing Council of NITI Aayog comprises the CMs of all the States in India and Lt. Governors of Union Territories in India
- In addition to this, Regional Councils will be formed to address specific problems and issues that are affecting more than one state or a region. They are formed for a specific period of a time
- The Regional Councils will be formed by the Prime Minister and will comprise of the Chief Ministers of States and Lt. Governors of Union Territories in the region. These will be chaired by the Chairperson of the NITI Aayog or his nominee.
The full-time organizational framework NITI Aayog will comprise of
- Prime Minister as the Chairperson:
- Vice-Chairperson: To be appointed by the Prime Minister
- Members: Full-time
- Part-time members: Maximum of 2 from leading universities research b organizations and other relevant institutions in an ex-officio capacity. Part time members will be on a rotational basis.
- Ex Officio members: Maximum of 4 members of the Union Council of Ministers to be nominated by the Prime Minister.
- Chief Executive Officer appointed by the Prime Minister for a fixed tenure.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here