- The 10th edition of biennial “DefExpo” was organised in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The tagline for the event was “India: the Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub”.
- Light Combat Aircraft ‘Tejas’ successfully completed its mid fuel refuelling trial by wet engagement.
- Defence minister launched “Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti”. The idea behind this is to migrate from the culture of seeking Transfer of Technology from foreign sources to generating intellectual property in India, to achieve goal of self-reliance in defence sector.
- Government of India has decided to set up two defence production corridors, one each in Up and Tamil Nadu.
- Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) was launched, a scheme of Department of Defence Production (DDP), which formulated in collaboration with Start-Up India and Atal Innovation Mission, with the objective of bringing Start-ups to solve problems of defence production, innovate new technologies required by defence forces and reduce dependence on imported technology.
- The 3rd Scorpene Submarine of Project-75, 'INS Karanj' was launched by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL).
- 'Defence India Start-up Challenge' was held in Bengaluru with the overall objective of making India self-reliant for meeting the requirements of national defence. Defence minister also launched following initiatives:
- SPARK: Support for Prototype & Research Kick start (in Defence)
- Framework for iDEX Partners
- Promotion of Start-ups under Make-II procedure of DPP2016
Indian Army exercises with foreign countries :
|MILEX||India and BIMSTEC Countries|
|HAND In HAND||India-China|
Indian Air Force exercises with foreign countries :
|PITCH BLACK||IAF & Royal Australian Air force|
|AVIAINDRA||IAF & Russian AF|
|COPE INDIA||IAF & USAF|
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here