- Launched on 11 October 2014
- Launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan
- Aim: development in the villages which includes social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people on social mobilization of the village community
- Provide rural India with quality access to basic amenities and opportunities.
- The outcomes will include 100% immunization, 100% institutional delivery, reduced IMR, MMR, reduction in malnutrition among children etc.
- Each member of Parliament will take the responsibility of developing physical and institutional infrastructure in three villages by 2019 of which one would be achieved by 2016.
- Thereafter, 5 Adarsh Grams (1 per year) will be selected and developed by 2024.
- The scheme is implemented through MPs with District Collectors as the nodal officer.
- Gram Panchayat with population of 3000-5000 in plain areas and 1000-3000 in hilly, tribal and difficult areas would basic unit of development.
- Funds from existing schemes, such as the Indira Awas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, and Backward Regions Grant Fund, etc.,
- The Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS),
- The gram panchayat’s own revenue,
- Central and State Finance Commission Grants, and
- Corporate Social Responsibility funds.
SAANJHI aims at instilling certain values,
- people’s participation
- gender equality
- dignity of women
- social justice
- spirit of community service
- maintaining ecological balance
- peace and harmony, mutual cooperation
- transparency and accountability in public life
- Narendra Modi has adopted Jayapur village his constituency Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
- Sonia Gandhi adopted Udwa village in her constituency Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
- Rahul Gandhi adopted Deeh village in his constituency Amethi in Uttar Pradesh.
- Sachin Tendulkar adopted Puttamraju vari Kandriga(P.R.Kandriga) a village near Gudur in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh and Donja village in Osmanabad district of Marathwada, Maharastra.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here