Launched by: Microsoft India
Aim: To help weavers with working capital support through non-profit organizations.
- Microsoft India launched a new e-commerce platform named ‘re-weave.in’ for handloom weavers under the Project ReWeave, as a part of its philanthropic initiative.
- The platform would help to connect artisans to the buyers directly by expanding to newer customers and markets.
- This e-commerce website hosts signature collections which are created by the weaver communities, showcase traditional designs and products created from natural dyes.
- The e-marketplace supports weavers for increasing their income and earning a sustainable livelihood.
- For providing digital training, Microsoft joined hands with the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), and has created a special curriculum in 'CAD and Colour for Handloom Weaving'.
- The first batch of 100 handloom weavers was awarded certificates for successful design course completion.
About Project ReWeave
- The project was launched by Microsoft India (R&D) Pvt. Limited in 2016, in partnership with Chaitanya Bharati, a Vishakhapatnam-based non-profit organization in Telangana to ensure the revival of the traditional handloom art forms in the state.
- The Chaitanya Bharathi organization provides infrastructure, financing and marketing support to help weaver families keep their weaving traditions alive by sustaining livelihoods.
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Parent organization: Microsoft Corporation
- Chairman: Bhaskar Pramanik
- Founded: 1988
- Subsidiary: Microsoft India (R&D) Pvt Ltd
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here