1. Lt. Gen. JFR Jacob :
- Israel honoured Lt. Gen. (retd) Jack Farj Rafael (JFR) Jacob with a plaque on the Wall of Honour at the Ammunition Hill.
- Jacob was one of the most prominent members of India's relatively small Jewish community, serving as a Lieutenant General in the Indian Army and later as a Governor of two Indian states-Goa and Punjab.
- He died in 2016.
2. Benjamin Netanyahu
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has sworn in as Israel's new PM.
- His Likud party won 35 seats in the election, the same as his main opponent from the centrist Blue and White alliance, led by former military chief Benny Gantz.
3. Gaganjeet Bhullar :
- Arjuna awardee and star Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar won the outstanding achievement as a player award at the fourth edition of the annual India Golf Industry Association (GIA) awards.
4. Tod Wolters :
- US Air Force General Tod D. Wolters has been sworn in as the top military officer of the 29-nation NATO military alliance.
5. Dr Devi Prasad Shetty
- P.C. Chandra Puraskaar, the annual national award from the P.C. Chandra Group was conferred upon one of India's most reputed cardiac surgeon and humanitarian Dr Devi Prasad Shetty.
- Akihito became the first Japanese Emperor to step down from the throne in more than 200 years.
- Crown Prince Naruhito, the emperor's 59-year-old son will ascend the Chrysanthemum.
7. G Sathiyan
- G Sathiyan became the first Indian to break into the top-25 of the latest world ranking list released by International Table Tennis Federation.
- Sathiyan rose four spots to be 24th in the ITTF rankings.
8. Raheem Sterling
- Raheem Sterling has been named the 2019 footballer of the year by the Football Writers' Association (FWA).
- Raheem hails from Jamaica.
9. Julian Assange
- Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange has been sentenced to 50 weeks in jail for breaching his bail conditions.
- He found guilty of breaching the Bail Act last month after his arrest at the Ecuadorian Embassy.
10. Rapper Drake
- Rapper Drake set a record with the most wins ever at Billboard awards
- Drake surpassed singer Taylor Swift to become the top award recipient in the Billboard Music Awards history. He won 12 awards, bringing his career total to 27.
11. Jayshree Vyas
- Bombay Stock Exchange ( BSE ) appointed its first independent woman director Jayshree Vyas.
- She is currently managing director of Shree Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank, Ahmedabad.
12. Kumar Sangakkara
- The former Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara has been appointed as the first non-British president of Marylebone Cricket Club.
- Sangakkara will begin his one-year tenure in October.
13. A S Kiran Kumar
- Former ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar was conferred with France's highest civilian honour, Chevalier de l'Ordre national de la Legion d'Honneur, for his contribution to India-France space cooperation.
- Kumar has served as chairman of ISRO from 2015 to 2018.
14. Xavi Hernandez
- Spanish footballer Xavi Hernandez has announced his retirement.
- With Barcelona, Xavi won eight La Liga titles and four UEFA Champions League titles. He has won 31 trophies for Barcelona and Spain.
15. Shahid Afridi
- Pakistan’s former captain and star all-rounder Shahid Afridi released his autobiography, titled ‘Game Changer’.
- This book is co-authored by Afridi and journalist Wajahat S Khan.
16. Ravindra Bhat
- Justice Ravindra Bhat Sworn in as New Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
- He was appointed as additional Judge in Delhi High Court in 2004.
17. G D 'Robert' Govender :
- GD 'Robert' Govender, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa, has been honoured in the UK with 2019 V K Krishna Menon award.
- He was awarded for his outstanding contribution as a pioneer of decolonised journalism.
18. Tiger Woods
- US President Donald Trump presented the Presidential ‘ Medal of Freedom ‘ to Golfer ‘ Tiger Woods '.
- The ‘ Medal of Freedom ‘ is America’s highest honor for Civilian Accomplishment.
19. Jagjit Pavadia
- India's Jagjit Pavadia has been re-elected with the highest number of votes by the UN Economic and Social Council to a five-year term on International Narcotics Control Board (INCB).
20. Laurentino Cortizo
- Politician Laurentino Cortizo won Panama’s Presidential election with 33.27 % of the vote in support.
- He was also a member of the National Assembly between 1994 and 2004.
21. Stevo Pendarovski
- Stevo Pendarovski has won 2019 Macedonian Presidential election with 51.66 % vote.
22. Dia Mirza
- Indian actress Dia Mirza and Alibaba chief Jack Ma are among the 17 global public figures appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as the new advocates to drive action and solidify global political will for the ambitious Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
23. Anne Hathaway
- Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame in Los Angeles, US.
24. Tijjani Bande
- Professor Tijjani Mohammad Bande has been appointed as the new President of the United Nations General Assembly.
25. Chhaya Sharma
- IPS officer Chhaya Sharma has been awarded the 2019 McCain Institute Award for Courage and Leadership.
- She led the investigation team of the infamous Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder case.
26. Yaya Toure
- Former Manchester City and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure has officially announced his retirement from football.
- He was named the African Footballer of the Year in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
27. Sana Mir
- Pakistan’s Off Spinner Sana Mir has become the highest wicket-taking spinner in Woman’s One-day International History.
28. Subhash Chand
- Shri Subhash Chand, presently Deputy High Commissioner in the High Commission of India, Abuja, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea.
29. GS Lakshmi
- India's GS Lakshmi has become the first ever woman to be appointed to the ICC International Panel of Match Referees
30. Salman Khan
- Merchant service and UPI payments app BharatPe has appointed Bollywood actor Salman Khan as its brand ambassador.
31. Dinesh Pangtey
- Dinesh Pangtey has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer ( CEO ) of LIC Mutual Fund.
32. R Gandhi
- Former RBI Deputy Governor R Gandhi appointed as additional director of Yes Bank.
33. A K Dhingra
- Major General AK Dhingra has been appointed as the first head of India’s tri-services Special Operation Division.
34. Kami Rita
- Kami Rita created world record by scaling Mt. Everest for the 23rd Time.
- He scaled the Mount Everest first time on 13th May,1994. He is from Nepal.
35. Aarohi Pandit
- Captain Aarohi Pandit, a 23-year-old pilot from Mumbai became the world's first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA).
36. Nitin Chugh
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited has appointed Nitin Chugh as its next Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) from December 1, 2019.
37. Anil Kapoor
- Actor Anil Kapoor was felicitated by Council of European Chambers of Commerce in India and a European Union delegation in Mumbai. He was awarded because of his continuous support in promoting the cause of children's rights.
38. Madan B Lokur
- Justice (retired) Madan B Lokur has been appointed to the Supreme Court of Fiji as a judge of its non-resident panel.
39. Rafael Nadal
- Rafael Nadal clinched the Italian Open 2019 Tennis title after defeating Serbian Novak Djokovic.
- Nadal also broke a tie with Djokovic by claiming a record 34th ATP Masters 1000 Crown.
40. Dr P K Mishra
- Dr P K Mishra conferred with prestigious Sasakawa Award 2019 by United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR).
- Dr. P. K. Mishra from India received the 2019 Sasakawa award in recognition of his long-term dedication to improve the resilience of communities most exposed to disasters and his personal commitment to social inclusion as a critical principle to reduce inequality and poverty, enhancing the safety net of the socially and economically marginalized.
41. Jitendra Kumar
- Police Officer Jitender Kumar, an Indian peacekeeper is among the 119 military, police and civilian personnel who will be honoured with a prestigious UN medal 2019 for courage and sacrifice in the line of duty.
42. Kapil Sharma
- Kapil Sharma Acknowledged As Most Viewed Stand-up Comedian In India And Abroad.
43. Joko Widodo
- Indonesia's Joko Widodo has been re-elected as president of the country, beating rival Prabowo Subianto, a retired general.
44. Jokha Alharthi
- An author from Oman, Jokha Alharthi has won the prestigious Man Booker International Prize for "Celestial Bodies", the story of three sisters of a desert country confronting its slave-owning past and a complex modern world.
45. Shyam Saran
- Former foreign secretary Shyam Saran will be conferred with Japan's second highest national award, 'Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star'.
46. Theresa May
- British Prime Minister Theresa May announces resignation from her post. She will resign on 7 June.
47. Volodymyr Zelenskiy
- Volodymyr Zelenskiy took the oath of office as the president of Ukraine and immediately announced that he is dissolving the Verkhovna Rada, the country's parliament.
48. Jagan Mohan Reddy
- In Andhra Pradesh, YSR Congress Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy will be sworn in as chief minister of Andhra Pradesh on 30th of May at Vijayawada.
- He will replace N Chandrababu Naidu has resigned as Andhra Pradesh CM.
49. Bhawna Kanth :
- Indian Air Force Officer Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kanth becomes 1st fighter pilot to qualify to undertake combat missions.
50. Shailesh Tinaikar
- UN Secretary-General announces appointment of Lieutenant General Shailesh Tinaikar of India as his new Force Commander of UNMISS.
- Lieutenant General Tinaikar succeeds Lieutenant General Frank Kamanzi of Rwanda who will complete his assignment on 26 May 2019.
51. Cyril Ramaphosa
- Cyril Ramaphosa, the head of the African National Congress, was sworn in for a five-year term as South Africa’s president after being elected unopposed by Parliament following the sixth general elections.
52. Lewis Hamilton
- Lewis Hamilton won the Monaco Grand Prix to extend his championship lead over Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas. Hamilton struggled with grip in the latter stages and was under constant pressure from Red Bull’s Max Verstappen.
53. Apurvi Chandela
- Apurvi Chandela won a gold medal in women’s 10m Air Rifle competition after a closely-fought contest.
- She shot a score of 251 in the final to outshine Wang Luyao of China, who shot 250.8.
54. Scott Morrison
- Scott Morrison has been sworn in as Australia’s Prime Minister, 11 days after retaining the position in the country’s general election.
55. Saurabh Chaudhary
- In ISSF shooting World Cup, in Munich Germany, India’s Saurabh Chaudhary has won 10m Air Pistol Gold beating his own World Record.
56. Annie Zaidi
- Indian writer Annie Zaidi was announced as the 2019 winner of the USD 100,000 Nine Dots Prize, a prestigious book prize created to award innovative thinking that addresses contemporary issues around the world.
57. James Marape
- James Marape, a former finance minister and critic of a major global gas development deal, has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea.
58. Narendra Modi
- National Democratic Alliance leader Narendra Modi was sworn in as Prime Minister for the second consecutive term.
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of Office and Secrecy to him and a team of 57 ministers at a glittering ceremony on the forecourts of the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Besides 24 Cabinet ministers including Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, Nirmala Sitharaman, Nitin Gadkari, Smriti Irani, and Piyush Goyal, 9 were sworn in as Minister of State with Independent charge and another 24 as Minister of State.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here