New Student User - Use Code HELLO

Register Now

STEP Scheme: Highlights

Published on Friday, January 17, 2020
Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP) Scheme
  • Launched by: Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD)
  • Purpose: to provide training in skill development that gives employability to women and to help women to become self-employed/ entrepreneurs.

Key feature:

  • The Ministry has been supervising this since 1986-87 as a ‘Central Sector Scheme’ and the guidelines were revised in December 2014.
  • It will be available for many sectors including Agriculture, Horticulture, Food Processing, Handlooms, Tailoring, Stitching, Embroidery, Zari, etc, Handicrafts, Computer & IT-enabled services.
  • Financial assistance under this scheme will be:
Cost Item Ceiling per beneficiary(3-month course) Ceiling per beneficiary(6-month course)
Training Cost Rs. 14,000 Rs. 20,000
Food & Travel Cost  Rs. 4,000 Rs.   8,000
Total Cost Rs. 18,000 Rs. 28,000
  • The maximum duration and the number of beneficiaries of the project are 18 months and 200 respectively. Also, 90% of the project cost can be sanctioned by the Government of India and the remaining 10% will have to be borne by the implementing agency from its own resources.
  • The eligibility criteria of institutions/organisations for implementing projects are:
    • Any Institutions or Organisations registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or Indian Trusts Act, 1882 (Not for Profit) or other statutes.
    • Any Voluntary Organisations or Non-Government Organisations enrolled under the Societies Registration Act or Indian Trust Act,
    • Any co-operative Societies registered under the co-operative societies Act.


Q: 1. The Co-operative Societies Act was passed in India?
A. 1910
B. 1912
C. 1914
D. 1917
Answer: Option B

Q: 2. The present minister for the Ministry of Women and Child Development is
A. Maneka Gandhi
B. Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani
C. Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman
D. Krishna Raj
Answer: Option B

Q: 3. The Constituency of Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, the Ministry of Women and Child Development is
A. Jodhpur, Rajasthan
B. Lucknow, UP
C. Amethi, U.P
D. Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Answer: Option C
ebook store

About us

ramandeep singh

Ramandeep Singh is a seasoned educator and banking exam expert at BankExamsToday. With a passion for simplifying complex concepts, he has been instrumental in helping numerous aspirants achieve their banking career goals. His expertise and dedication make him a trusted guide in the journey to banking success.

  • Follow me:
Close Menu
Close Menu