Targets of Scheme
- To conduct awareness programs/ seminars about IPR, in collaboration with industrial organisations , academic institutions and other stake holders.
- To create a resource pool of IPR trainers, who would train public, judiciary and enforcement agencies
- To conduct workshops/seminars on promotion of Geographical Indications (GIs)
- To conduct awareness programs to highlight the ill effects of piracy and counterfeiting.
No. of Events
|Road shows and Awareness Programs||
|Sensitization Programs for
Enforcement Agencies and Judiciary
|Training of IPR Trainers||
Categories of Events
- The Road shows and awareness programs are categorised into
- Industry Road shows
- Programs for Universities/ Colleges
- Programs for Schools
- Workshops / Events with eminent International speakers
- Sensitising of Police officials
- Sensitising of custom officials
- Sensitising of Judiciary
- Training to IPR Trainers of general public
- Training to IPR Trainers of Enforcement Agencies and Judiciary
Recap of IPR:
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) are the rights for creations of the mind, which are granted to the creators of ideas that are new and original (Intellectual property), by the respective governments.
- No one can use others’ IPR without their permission.
Types of IPR:
- Industrial Designs
- Protection of Geographical Indications(GIs)
- IC Lay-Out Designs
- Trade Secrets
- New Plant Varieties
National Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- The Union cabinet approved the National IPR policy on May 12, 2016.
- The policy aims to promote innovation and entrepreneurship and to create awareness about Intellectual property rights.
- The policy is in compliance with the TRIPS (Trade related aspects of IPRs), an agreement of World Trade organisation.
- This policy enforces The Department of Industrial policy and promotion (DIPP) to be the nodal department for monitoring the implementation and the future developments of Intellectual property rights.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here